Swisha to Kipawa

Fozzy

12 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I'm assuming you rode up to Kipawa and back? Where did you unload? Public lot or?

57 minutes ago, doonali said:

I'm assuming you rode up to Kipawa and back? Where did you unload? Public lot or?

Yes it was a day trip, approx 187km each way. I had a bit more track spin than others with a 1” track lol.

There is a parking area in Swisha at the Park Office. A lot of people will drive to KM 13 and unload there but then you are parking on the side of the road.

33 minutes ago, Fozzy said:

Yes it was a day trip, approx 187km each way. I had a bit more track spin than others with a 1” track lol.

There is a parking area in Swisha at the Park Office. A lot of people will drive to KM 13 and unload there but then you are parking on the side of the road.

Is the parking area on the Quebec side of the bridge at the ZEC dumoine visitor center?

Fozzy.. was the 43 actually smooth Friday the 10th?  

I was on it Sunday AM the 12th at the Grande Chute bridge.. we only ran 5 miles on the 43 heading west towards Kipawa and turned around as it was not so nice.  Looked good but the moguls were forming.  I noticed the QC map is now wrong west of Grande Chute as the chosen logging road changed this year.  The 386 is also wrong... seems the computer folks have taken the winter off at FCMQ 

No harm to me as we were just buzzing around locally for a few hours, but surprised to see the 43 base as rough as it was... usually quite smooth. 

The local trail from KM4 to KM21 out of Swisha (different groomer than 43) was in similar shape.. and in need of TLC/grooming.  No grooming yet this week which is understandable given the warm temps. 

Note that there is active logging out of Swisha this year Monday - Thursday... at KM8 and headed to KM18 any time soon(maybe already there?)  and sharing the road is not really the agreement, and the contractor is free to sand/gravel the road as needed. 

Hey Largedaryl…

We unloaded at Km13, only because we were going to be super tight on fuel to get to Kipawa. I took two water bottle size of gas and carried it in my backpack. Sleds arrived on fumes.

The 43 was groomed with a bit of fresh snow on top. I see on the map it hasn’t been groomed now for awhile. 

Yesterday I rode from Montpellier to Mont Laure. Trails were rock hard and smooth the whole way up. Sections where the trail is on roads are not nice. This little bit of snow we are getting now will help.