baaaaaaaaaad accident !!!

groomer

accident happened last week in front of the auberge ''le relais '' just south of l etape.2 cars + the sled involved in the accident .

guy between 50/60 y/o tried to cross the 4 lanes road in front of the auberge.to make the things worse,the leftover of the sled has been ''dumped '' in the parking of the auberge and the motor has been stolen ,guy on the french forum heard that on a quebec radio station .

groomer !!!

That is absolutely amazing. What was he thinking? Can you imagine how the car driver felt? His poor family.

I don't want to excuse the poor guy, his mistake cost him his life but here is what's happened...

Those who had rode the area in the past years will remember that the official trail was crossing there few years ago and it was only a 2 lanes road at that time, the trail have been reroute and cross a little souther now.

This guy and his partner were riding off-trail and they decided to cross the road at that place where the road have been reworked in a four lane road. The median strip between the two ways had a good 6' bank of snow that blind the view of the other way to the guy... you see the picture... the guy crossed the first way and had think he had crossed the whole road, then blip the throttle to jump the bank and then land in the middle of the other way =@

The big error was to jump the bank without really knowing what was on the other side..... but guys....who's one in us never do stupid things.... Let's try to remember this case before the next stupid thing that cross our mind...

Sympathy to all families affected :sad:

Edited by towing

I don't want to excuse the poor guy, his mistake cost him his life but here is what's happened...

Those who had rode the area in the past years will remember that the official trail was crossing there few years ago and it was only a 2 lanes road at that time, the trail have been reroute and cross a little souther now.

This guy and his partner were riding off-trail and they decided to cross the road at that place where the road have been reworked in a four lane road. The median strip between the two ways had a good 6' bank of snow that blind the view of the other way to the guy... you see the picture... the guy crossed the first way and had think he had crossed the whole road, then blip the throttle to jump the bank and then land in the middle of the other way =@

The big error was to jump the bank without really knowing what was on the other side..... but guys....who's one in us never do stupid things.... Let's try to remember this case before the next stupid thing that cross our mind...

Sympathy to all families affected :sad:

That's really bad, as you say a sad reminder to us all !

Gary

What a shame that he lost his life because he remembered where the trail was and didn’t know that it had been changed. We have been there in the truck earlier this year and noticed that other sleds had crossed there as a short cut. He may have just been following the tracks and didn't give it a second thought.

We all must remember how quickly a mistake can become deadly. I think all of us have done something while riding and then thought -

WOW!! I’m sure glad there wasn’t a groomer on the other side of that hill or

BOY!! That sled coming around the corner at me was all the way over into my lane or

INTERSECTION!! I didn’t see that the stop sign was knocked over or

DEER!! Did any of you guys see that deer before he jumped out of the woods and onto the trail right in front of me?

There are so many close calls that we have all been thru. I’m sure everyone has their own crazy stories.

Lets have fun but learn from our mistakes.

Again, our sympathy to all the families affected.

Jack & Sandi