Wanted: 3-day Quebec Saddlebag Loop Recommendations

So I have done a couple of saddle bag loops in Western Quebec:

• Mont-Laurier to Lac Adonis (Pourvoirie 100 Lacs) to Saint-Michel-des-Saints (Pourvoirie Pignon Rouge Mokocan) and back to Mont-Laurier.
  • Saint-Zénon (Auberge Le Cabanon) to Lac Saint-Jean (Relais 22 Milles) to Lac Sacacomie (Hotel Sacacomie) and back to Saint-Zénon.

Had a great time both times but want to ride some new trails and visit some new places.

I am looking for recommendations on 3 day / 4 night loops. We are coming from Rochester, NY and obviously want to minimize our towing time to the drop point and would like a drop point (where we would stay the first and forth night) to be somewhat secure.

300 to 400 kilometers per day would be ideal. And we are planning on visiting in mid-February.

Does anyone have any loop recommendations???

I am not entirely against staying at the same place (and not saddle-bagging) if different 300 to 400 kilometer loops can be done each day from the same location.

Thank you!

How about heading further west for option B, base camp style.   Drive right up to the Forestel in Val D’Or and do loops, can’t go wrong there.

Or head out eastbound to the Roquemont in St Raymond and run up 23 to the Saguenay region.  Either base camp out of the Delta in Jonquiere, or loop out to the coast of the St Lawrence via 83 day two. Then south on 3 back to st Raymond.  Add or subtract miles as you like, but I would opt for the longer route east via the north side of the Saguenay river using 93 or the Pelchat local trail north of 93

As a former Rochestarian I will tell you that Mont Laurier and Saint Zenon/Saint Michele des Saints are two of the easiest/shortest drives you can make.  Our group of 6 really likes starting in Mont Laurier due to the easy drive.  A couple years ago my wife and I drove up to the Forestel in Val d Or late in the winter.  Yeah, it’s a longer drive albeit easy driving.  What you described as your past trips I wouldn’t consider West. More central and east.  Many on QR will say west is best.  I would suggest to start in Val d Or at the Forestel.  Nice place, good food. No worries about leaving your trucks/trailers there.  Day 2 to LaBannik south of Ville Marie. Day 3 to Villa Mon Repos in La Sarre.  Day 4 back to Forestel.  The trails out west are truly worth the drive.  

9 hours ago, Muskoka2 said:

Day One:Temiscamingue to Val d'O/ Day Two:V.D. up to Amos-over to La Saare down to Rouyn-Norand/ Day 3-Rouyn back to Temiscamingue 865 km. total=540 easy miles!

Totally agree Muskoka2. Why drive an additional 2 hours each way. The Temrose in Temiscaming has very nice accomodations and a very good restaurant as well. Parking is available. If you arrive early and want to ride up to the Bannick to stay there you can park at the Esso just as you arrive in Temiscamming from North Bay.

10 hours ago, Muskoka2 said:

Day One:Temiscamingue to Val d'O/ Day Two:V.D. up to Amos-over to La Saare down to Rouyn-Norand/ Day 3-Rouyn back to Temiscamingue 865 km. total=540 easy miles!

Thanks for the suggestion.  Lot of trails up there appear to be yellow or red currently, though.

1 hour ago, Trail Ryder said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Lot of trails up there appear to be yellow or red currently, though.

Yellow up in that area is better than green in 75% of Ontario and  trail status is changing daily in both Ontario and Quebec. Not to mention that you are almost a month from away from your ride. No worries. JMHO

Edited by PISTON LAKE CRUISER

22 hours ago, Trail Ryder said:

But RED means definitely closed, right?

Correct but you are almost a month away from your ride. The red showing this morning would not affect getting anywhere on the itineray suggested. I'd bet heavy that any red in that area will disappear unless its not just conditions keeping it closed. There is still some red in many areas of Quebec. It to shall pass.