250+ ish mile loop?

BOBLER

Great area for dong loops. You are coming from the West, so East and South would be the easy options:

• East - To Rimouski via the 5, I like to take the 518 by Saint Simon instead of the power lines the whole way. You can easily loop out as far as St. Gabriel de Rimouski and then come back on the 35. I think that's a pretty common loop for people riding out of RDL
  • Not necessarily a loop, but a day trip to Moose Valley, NB and back is an awesome ride, and if you are short on miles, you can easily make them up on the way back by dropping below Lake Temiscouata
  • South - I've had some big days riding south between RDL and NB. Not a big area but you can spend the day zig zagging on the trails there, never touching the same trail twice and never far from where you started.  If you want to really add miles you can drop into NB West of Edmunston and have some real good running there too.

Lots of running and lots of trail side stops in that area.

PHardy gave great loops.  My favorite is what he listed.  Moose Valley, NB and back on the same trails.  RDL to Squatec, onto the #35 and eventually turn right to Moose Valley.

We never buy a NB permit, lot of wilderness, doubt anyone will be checking.  Eat and gas at Moose Valley Lodge. To be safe, we gas up in Squatec both ways. The last 40 miles into the Valley is all mountains. Beautiful!!!

mike