Klim Klimate Jacket & Bibs

Willys1

I'm considering buying the Klim Klimate Jacket and Bibs, does any one have any experience with these, good, bad or ugly, will they keep me warm and dry ,while riding in Quebec in January-February? Let me know your thoughts, as this is a major investment, and I'd like to make an informed decision! thanks.

I'm considering buying the Klim Klimate Jacket and Bibs, does any one have any experience with these, good, bad or ugly, will they keep me warm and dry ,while riding in Quebec in January-February? Let me know your thoughts, as this is a major investment, and I'd like to make an informed decision! thanks.

imo there way over priced

take a look at choko very very warm and at a good price

imo there way over priced

take a look at choko very very warm and at a good price

I can only relate my experience. In Dec 2007 I bought my Choko Extreme Jacket and Extreme Cordura Pant. When riding in the Saguenay region in January it can get quite cold and with my other suits I would get cold on the real cold days. With other suits I would wear 6 layers on the top of my body and 4 layers on the bottom and still be cold, especially my knees. With the Choko clothing I am able to drop one layer on both the top and bottom and I never get cold knees. After my first winter I decided to sell Choko because I knew I could look people in the eye and tell them what great clothing they make and not be BSing them.

I can't speak to the Klim Bibs as I am still wearing a set of Reima gore tex bibs that are 5 years old and are like a Timex: they take a lick'en and still keep on tick'en. I've got a lot of Quebec miles on those Reima's.

As to the Klim Klimate Jacket, I give it the highest endorsement I could. I've worn Klim jackets since they first came on the market and I believe they are a great product. I'm on my 4th season with my Klimate jacket and it still looks like new. (all I do is wash it at the end of the season). I still wear my Klim Valdez (which is starting its 5th season)for early and late season riding but wear the Klimate for Quebec in January and February. From Chibougamma, Radisson and Havre-St-Pierre, it's kept me warm. It's about the best jac I found in the rain, as well, The ehnanced Gore Tex technology it that jacket really works.

Klim stuff is pricey. It's worth it.

thank you to all the QR members who have responded so far! this definitely will help me make my decision based on reliable real world experiances in Quebec, keep posting your opinions!

Klim Valdez Jacket was amazing! Felt no wind thru it at all and no weight to it sure was nice verses a bulky 10 pound jacket plus I won't buy anything but gore-tex... This year I will be wearing a KLIM Keewenaw, it is their newest coat and adds some insulation. But honestly I was perfectly comfortable in the Valdez all over Quebec with a good fleece vest on under it only sold it because I need a XL and it was an L.

Klim Valdez Jacket was amazing! Felt no wind thru it at all and no weight to it sure was nice verses a bulky 10 pound jacket plus I won't buy anything but gore-tex... This year I will be wearing a KLIM Keewenaw, it is their newest coat and adds some insulation. But honestly I was perfectly comfortable in the Valdez all over Quebec with a good fleece vest on under it only sold it because I need a XL and it was an L.

If you stayed away from the "Cheseburger Pit", Snowbound, you would not have needed an XL and would have gotten many more miles on that Valdez!! :-)

Sleet just turned to snow in Lewisburg.

timbo

:)

If you stayed away from the "Cheseburger Pit", Snowbound, you would not have needed an XL and would have gotten many more miles on that Valdez!! :-)

Sleet just turned to snow in Lewisburg.

timbo

:)

No Way!! It was due to additional chest hair filling in, Good God I hope that doesn't mean I'm starting to grow up??? :lol:

I like klim choko 2 rema (scott) not at all. To much air infiltration with scott jackets. The wife and daughter like the choko more the fit and the rabbit fur for the daughter is enjoyable. I have never felt cold in Klim leave home at 80 degrees to neg 10 to 40 in 4 hrs never an issue. Cost is more but the quality and durability will off set that over time. Cabelas has the Klim line up now cost is better then direct don't ask me why.

Forrest

I have 23 seasons in Quebec, in the old days I wore Cold Wave leathers, back when leather was thick and high quality like you do not see anymore. They were great but on warmer days you would sweat then as the day wore on and got cold at days end you would get cold too. I bought Klim last season and was a little skeptical when I saw how light they were. I was afraid something this light would never keep me warm at -40.I was dead wrong, there layering system is great and it is amazing to shed all the weight and feel like you are wearing a wind breaker. I will warn you to size it one size up because their fit is a little to small and it is a pain to get mail order the wrong size!! I have also heard that Coho is very good as well, and cheaper, just not as comfortable and light, but it works extremely well. This decision will be made with your wallet and both will be very good.

All the replies, seem to be consistent with what I've read and heard, that said,typically I replace my gear only when it's worn out, 10-12 seasons of riding. I tried on the Klimate jacket and bibs, quality fit and finish, I've decided to purchase the Keweenaw jacket and bibs, and will layer as all have recommended, thanks for your honest oppinions, and experiances.