Farmers still blocking trail access east of Rimouski

Mid Range

Some farmers are angry with the settlement between Gvt and UPA.Groomer any news???

I heard the samething in the Chicoutimi area. They are pissed since they haven't been consulted.

here's a french link

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/le-soleil/affaires/agro-alimentaire/201012/22/01-4354901-des-agriculteurs-ferment-quand-meme-leurs-terres-aux-motoneigistes.php?utm_categorieinterne=trafficdrivers&utm_contenuinterne=cyberpresse_BO2_quebec_canada_178_accueil_POS1

Translation

Carl Theriault, Special

Le Soleil The Sun (Saint-Joseph-de-Lepage) Une dizaine de producteurs agricoles de la MRC de La Mitis, à l'est de Rimouski, interdiront aux motoneigistes de circuler sur leurs terres dans sept municipalités, soit Saint-Joseph-de-Lepage, Padoue, Saint-Damase, Sainte-Angèle-de-Mérici, Saint-Gabriel, Saint-Octave et La Rédemption. (Saint-Joseph-de-Lepage) Ten farmers in the MRC de La Mitis, east of Rimouski, prohibit snowmobilers to ride on their land in seven municipalities, Saint-Joseph-de-Lepage, Padua Saint-Damase, Sainte-Angèle-de-Merici, Saint-Gabriel, Saint-Octave and redemption.

«L'UPA [union des producteurs agricoles] n'a pas respecté ses membres en ne revenant pas nous consulter après leur entente avec le ministre Laurent Lessard. "The UPA [uPA] has not fulfilled its members do not contact us back after their agreement with the Minister Laurent Lessard. Nous faisons circuler une pétition pour avoir une réunion de notre syndicat de base dans La Mitis pour prendre une décision démocratique. We are circulating a petition for a meeting of our union base in La Mitis to take a democratic decision. Là, il va y avoir le retour du balancier», lance Jocelyn Fournier, producteur agricole à Saint-Joseph-de-Lepage, qui soutient que des producteurs de deux autres régions sont aussi en colère après l'entente intervenue entre Québec et l'UPA au sujet de l'assurance stabilisation (ASRA). There he will be the return of the pendulum, "says Jocelyn Fournier, farmer at Saint-Joseph-de-Lepage, who contends that producers of two other regions are also angry after the agreement between Quebec and UPA about stabilization insurance (FISI).

«Je ne suis pas prêt à laisser aller ma ferme. "I'm not ready to let go of my farm. J'ai eu une coupure de 20 % au printemps et il y en aura une autre de 25 % l'année prochaine. I had a 20% cut in the spring and there will be another 25% next year. Comment veux-tu survivre? How do you survive? Cette entente va être la mort de petites fermes dans la région. This agreement will be the death of small farms in the region. On a l'impression qu'on a été trahi par notre union. One has the impression that we were betrayed by our union. On se mobilise. We mobilize. Je pense que ce soir [mercredi soir], on va être facilement 70 producteurs. I think tonight [Wednesday], we will easily be 70 producers. Il nous faut, pour convoquer une réunion, 10 producteurs de boeuf, 10 producteurs d'ovins et 10 producteurs de céréales. We need to convene a meeting, 10 beef producers, 10 producers of sheep and 10 grain. Nous allons déposer la pétition à l'UPA et dans les médias.» We will file the petition with the UPA and the media. "

La Fédération de l'UPA du Bas-Saint-Laurent - qui compte 2500 membres - n'a pas voulu émettre des commentaires sur cette dissidence. The Federation of the UPA in the Lower St. Lawrence - which has 2500 members - would not comment on this division.

L'une des grandes voies de passage des motoneigistes dans l'Est sur la rivière Rimouski aurait été fermée, selon M. Fournier, ainsi que celles de Trinité-des-Monts et à Sainte-Jeanne d'Arc. One of the major pathways for snowmobilers in the East River was closed Rimouski, says Fournier, as well as those of Trinidad-des-Monts and Sainte-Jeanne d'Arc.

«On se crêperait pas le chignon si on avait été consultés par notre fédération. "We will not tease the bun if it had been reviewed by our federation. Le prochain qui me dit qu'on est trop subventionnés, je vais lui dire qu'il est trop gâté.» The neighbor told me that is too subsidized, I'll tell him he is too spoiled. "

Assurance stabilisation Stabilization Insurance

L'accord intervenu entre Québec et l'UPA prévoit que les surplus du régime d'assurance-stabilisation seront redistribués automatiquement aux producteurs visés par la nouvelle méthode de calcul des coûts de production. The agreement between Québec and the UPA provides that excess insurance stabilization will automatically redistributed to producers under the new method of calculating production costs.

Les agriculteurs avaient initialement demandé à Québec de retirer les nouvelles règles de l'ASRA de la Financière agricole du Québec qui faisaient en sorte que 25 % des fermes les moins productives auraient été éliminées du calcul de la moyenne visant à établir le montant des compensations financières auquel les agriculteurs auraient droit à compter de 2011. Farmers were initially asked Quebec to withdraw the new rules of the ASRA Financière agricole du Québec which meant that 25% of the least productive farms have been eliminated from the averaging to determine the amount of financial compensation which farmers would be eligible in 2011. Des pertes alors estimées à 80 millions $ pour les producteurs. Then losses estimated at $ 80 million for producers.

Not sounding like a Happy New Year where's their Christmas Spirit.

So basically this SHIT aint over yet. Great.

ADMQ hello wake up

FCMQ hello wake up

CLUBS let's work together (i will do all i can, bet your ass on that)

MEMBERS speak out

WE NEED A PERMANENT TRAIL NETWORK.

Best for all involved.

End of rant, sorry but i feel better now.

missed probably 80% of a reportage monday night on the news.most of them are between mont joli and st damase.

there s a thread about that on the french forum.don t look at that thread ,im ''fed up '' with farmers right now.

i could be wrong ,the way i see it ,those farmers must be in the 25% and they are just frustrated of the decision.

friend ( farmer ) of my sister wrote this on facebook: ''j ai juste hate de voir la longeur de la couleuvre qui vont nous faire avaler ''...sorry ,too hard for me to translate.

listen to this ,from a radio station in rimouski.

click :ecoute en différé ,avec la fleche ,click mardi 8hrs 15m

http://www.cfyx93.com/cfyx/

groomer !!!

missed probably 80% of a reportage monday night on the news.most of them are between mont joli and st damase.

there s a thread about that on the french forum.don t look at that thread ,im ''fed up '' with farmers right now.

i could be wrong ,the way i see it ,those farmers must be in the 25% and they are just frustrated of the decision.

friend ( farmer ) of my sister wrote this on facebook: ''j ai juste hate de voir la longeur de la couleuvre qui vont nous faire avaler ''...sorry ,too hard for me to translate.

listen to this ,from a radio station in rimouski.

click :ecoute en différé ,avec la fleche ,click mardi 8hrs 15m

http://www.cfyx93.com/cfyx/

groomer !!!

tanx Groomer.....I'm kind of fed up too.They won't get the sympathy of the population.Specially those who are making business out of snowmobiling industry.

tanx Groomer.....I'm kind of fed up too.They won't get the sympathy of the population.Specially those who are making business out of snowmobiling industry.

they are going to put the population against them.specially farmers in the small vllages.

ca va faire des chicanes de rangs !!!

groomer !!!