ice hotel !!!!

groomer

http://www.icehotel-canada.com/index.php?action=&langue=en

fyi ,just saw a reportage on the news .ice hotel will open on jan 7 th.

they were still working on it .

groomer !!!

Just so everyone knows, this year the ice hotel is being built at a new location. I guess they wanted to get closer to Quebec City, they thought they were missing alot of the winter carnival visitors because it was too far away . I am not sure how close snowmobiles can get to the ice hotel, my friend who works there said he's not sure if snowmobiles can ride right to it.

Just so everyone knows, this year the ice hotel is being built at a new location. I guess they wanted to get closer to Quebec City, they thought they were missing alot of the winter carnival visitors because it was too far away . I am not sure how close snowmobiles can get to the ice hotel, my friend who works there said he's not sure if snowmobiles can ride right to it.

http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1467&st=0&p=12599&hl=ice%20hotel&fromsearch=1entry12599

the answer in ths thread .

groomer !!!

Ah Ha! Sorry Groomer I missed that thread, I guess I was still in summer mode. I found out about the move back in November when I was hunting on Anticosti Island. My friend and guide there works at the ice hotel when he gets done guiding hunters the beginning of December. He had told me about the move and that he wasn't sure if there was a way to get there by "snow machine" but he himself is not a snowmobiler so I figured there probably will be some way to get close to it. :drinks:

Ah Ha! Sorry Groomer I missed that thread, I guess I was still in summer mode. I found out about the move back in November when I was hunting on Anticosti Island. My friend and guide there works at the ice hotel when he gets done guiding hunters the beginning of December. He had told me about the move and that he wasn't sure if there was a way to get there by "snow machine" but he himself is not a snowmobiler so I figured there probably will be some way to get close to it. :drinks:

last night i remembered there was another thread about the ice hotel.

btw,without hijacking the thread ,one of my brother in law has been a guide on anticosti island for 8-10 years i guess,back in the 90 's.

groomer !!! :drinks:

I looked Thru the web site, sounds like it will be as impressive as it was in the other location, But I was not able to find an address or what would be even better the GPS coordinates of the new location

schooter

I looked Thru the web site, sounds like it will be as impressive as it was in the other location, But I was not able to find an address or what would be even better the GPS coordinates of the new location

schooter

http://search.a1-discount-hotels.com/hotel/propertydetails/225229/MAPS?isHRN=true&cid=47512

hotel de glace :

9530 de la faune st

quebec

phone: 1 888 511 5743 for canada and usa

groomer !!!

schooter

Hôtel de Glace

9530, rue de la Faune,

Québec (Québec)

G1G 5H9

last night i remembered there was another thread about the ice hotel.

btw,without hijacking the thread ,one of my brother in law has been a guide on anticosti island for 8-10 years i guess,back in the 90 's.

groomer !!! :drinks:

What camp did your brother in law guide for? I have been to Cerf Sau now 10 of the last 12 years, top notch guys there for sure. I have met a few people from the Gaspe that work there and the camp manager for a few years was from I think New Richmond or Boneventure, his name is Michel Arsenault and his son owns an auto parts store I think a Napa. :good:

What camp did your brother in law guide for? I have been to Cerf Sau now 10 of the last 12 years, top notch guys there for sure. I have met a few people from the Gaspe that work there and the camp manager for a few years was from I think New Richmond or Boneventure, his name is Michel Arsenault and his son owns an auto parts store I think a Napa. :good:

i ll ask him ,just too bad ,saw him this morning.

groomer !!!

my sister just e mailed me that;

wikenden--voreal--jupiter 12--jupiter 30--anse castor--riviere a l huile --patate--carleton

don t know at all about anticosti island.looks like he s been everywhere.

..and yes ,he knows michel arsenault

groomer !!!

my sister just e mailed me that;

wikenden--voreal--jupiter 12--jupiter 30--anse castor--riviere a l huile --patate--carleton

don t know at all about anticosti island.looks like he s been everywhere.

..and yes ,he knows michel arsenault

groomer !!!

Yes Groomer, I would agree he has been everywhere on Anticosti. Sounds to me like he may have worked foe Sepaq. Anticosti Island is a beautiful place, very special because it is so close to the mainland yet so isolated. Hunting there is superb and deer can be hunted by spot and stalk, I have many good memories from that place like all of Quebec really. The area we hunted was the south east part of the island from the Daupine river west to the Ferri river. :good:

Hôtel de Glace

9530, rue de la Faune,

Québec (Québec)

G1G 5H9

The fellow I did the Maine show with is from Quebec City. He told me that the Ice Hotel will be located where the Zoo use to be, right off 73/175, not far from the 4 Seasons hotel which you can see from 73/175.

Edited by Saguenay Bill

Yes Groomer, I would agree he has been everywhere on Anticosti. Sounds to me like he may have worked foe Sepaq. Anticosti Island is a beautiful place, very special because it is so close to the mainland yet so isolated. Hunting there is superb and deer can be hunted by spot and stalk, I have many good memories from that place like all of Quebec really. The area we hunted was the south east part of the island from the Daupine river west to the Ferri river. :good:

yes ,it was for the sepaq,still working for them ,but on park matane .moose hunting !!

thanks for the info , ill tell him

groomer !!

From the interactive trail map . Looks like a local trail comes to the south western corner of the Zoo property.

by the KAMOUTIK AVENTURE

http://www.raidmotoneige.com/motoneige-quebec/NosMotoneiges_LocationDeMotoneiges_ang.cfm