Riding in the Chaudiere Appalaches

patg85

I did 600km from Levis, QC to Saint Georges, QC to Montmagny back to Levis, in 2 days, trails were excellent. Great area to ride, as I have done the Saint Donat thing and Saint Michel it is old news.

Just a suggestion, to everyone try this area, it is great, people welcome snowmobiliers, no trail closures and low traffic and you have hills, flat, mountains all in the same day, just great.

post-265-050191000 1293767788_thumb.jpg

post-265-005074600 1293767796_thumb.jpg

post-265-054618400 1293767804_thumb.jpg

post-265-069427900 1293767820_thumb.jpg

I did 600km from Levis, QC to Saint Georges, QC to Montmagny back to Levis, in 2 days, trails were excellent. Great area to ride, as I have done the Saint Donat thing and Saint Michel it is old news.

Just a suggestion, to everyone try this area, it is great, people welcome snowmobiliers, no trail closures and low traffic and you have hills, flat, mountains all in the same day, just great.

Shhhhh, you weren't supposed to tell anyone. This is one of the best kept secrets in Quebec.

I did 550 miles up in that area last week. Started in Columbia, NH and drove north as far as Lac Etchmin. Riding was from great to good. Did find it very thin around St. Georges. Once we got closer to the Mt range, the snow was great. Not sure how well they faired from the rain, but they had plenty of snow just prior to.

Yep thats how it (Canada) started for me. Riding out my place in Pittsburg NH 22yrs ago riding the town-ships in PQ. Next thing Ya know, Your spoiled and in Chimougamau. :good: Quiz,,, Who (?) sells the nicest hats in PQ? :hi:

post-318-073933100 1294236928_thumb.jpg

Yep thats how it (Canada) started for me. Riding out my place in Pittsburg NH 22yrs ago riding the town-ships in PQ. Next thing Ya know, Your spoiled and in Chimougamau. :good: Quiz,,, Who (?) sells the nicest hats in PQ? :hi:

Years ago before becoming commercialized and sold Rabaska had some beautiful hats and furs.

Looks like they dont need much snow to run in that region.

Looks like they dont need much snow to run in that region.

Yeah I am going to try and go up there again this weekend, the trails just south of Saint Georges towards jackman ME are open around Armstrong.... That is about it though, man this dry spell and rain we got is just killer, I am so sad, I just hope we get some snow soon.

Reminds me of riding near shawingan (St-Ettienne-des-Gres) to la Tuque last Feb we had no snow but that region has smooth trails.

Look me up in February im not riding until we get another foot of good snow . :drinks:

The way this weather pattern is it looks like you may not be riding at all this winter. :pardon:

The way this weather pattern is it looks like you may not be riding at all this winter. :pardon:

Yep, pretty sad situation all over. I have friends from Trenton ON that went up to North Bay ON last weekend, even they are hurting from the rain. I get the :hi: from Junior's @ Club Scott........... :good:

Years ago before becoming commercialized and sold Rabaska had some beautiful hats and furs.

Year before last there was a beautiful coat at Rebasks that I did NOT buy for my wife and I wish I would have...

Year before last there was a beautiful coat at Rebasks that I did NOT buy for my wife and I wish I would have...

I always go to Juniors and buy something. 2 hats for @125 each on 2 different trips, but cost 2k to get there riding around PQ. :rolleyes: I always have a Links tail on my tether cord for good luck from Juniors. The mice got to it and stripped the fur for nest building. :(

So back I go, sometime. Last time I was at Juniors , he had a womens black Mink coat for 1k. Honestly would have sold for 5-6-8 k on 5th ave NYC......... :unsure:

Edited by momojohnny