Map

Bill

Looked in the "GPS" thread for new info but nothing sence Sep. Where do we get the maps to download?? Talked my Buddy's wife into getting him the Zumo 550 :yahoo: But need to get the maps now and a ram mount.

Here is one this link may just be for the update from an older version. I thought the full version was $99.95 for first time install . That's what i paid several years ago, the may have changed things tho. Contact them before ordering I believe the guys name was Joel Gill from GPS Quebec

http://www.gpsquebec...temid=1〈=en

This is the map that I am currently using this year, It is pretty much the same as the other brand the the graphics on the display seems a little better and the customer service is also somewhat better.

http://www.trakmaps.com/

Both are good products. From what i understand the first one gets their information for the ministry of transportation and the second one gets their info from FCMQ for the trails

any questions you can pm me if you want

Tom

Edited by artcat900

Here is one this link may just be for the update from an older version. I thought the full version was $99.95 for first time install . That's what i paid several years ago, the may have changed things tho. Contact them before ordering I believe the guys name was Joel Gill from GPS Quebec

http://www.gpsquebec...temid=1〈=en

This is the map that I am currently using this year, It is pretty much the same as the other brand the the graphics on the display seems a little better and the customer service is also somewhat better.

http://www.trakmaps.com/

Both are good products. From what i understand the first one gets their information for the ministry of transportation and the second one gets their info from FCMQ for the trails

any questions you can pm me if you want

Tom

I just downloaded maps on to my Garmin last night. Same site trakmaps, $99.95. Looks pretty decent I will have to see how it works never used a gps for trial riding before.

I downloaded from Trakmaps last year and this year bought the update from them on SD card to use in my new Nuvi 550 -excellent service, I can highly recomend them. Sadly have yet to try it out !!! Where is that white stuff <_<

Edited by SnomoGary

I downloaded from Trakmaps last year and this year bought the update from them on SD card to use in my new Nuvi 550 -excellent service, I can highly recomend them. Sadly have yet to try it out !!! Where is that white stuff <_<

You, me and every other snomobiler out there are asking the same question! This has got to turn around soon! I want to try my new trakmaps also!

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Nuvi 550 too, got mapping from travelbygps.com

Going up Feb 4 & 5 to try it out Cant wait!!

Just got back from a trip in QC, woodrunner area, made routs with my sledgps maps for the first time, works great if the trails are really where they are supposed to be but you know how that is, just like paper maps sometimes the trails are right in sync with the maps and sometimes they are not. All and all I would say it was worth it. just click on relay 22, rout to, and there it is 42 miles away. Want to go to Repos instead click on that, 132 miles away. You can't do that with the free download QC maps, I used them for years. You gotta pay if you want to route.

FYI you have to turn off all of your other maps to make routs, otherwise your route will be via roads, not trails. It's no biggie, after a little practice you can turn them on and off quickly.

Another FYI, when you are asked by the gps you select "on road" not "off road"

Edited by easyrider