Best trip loop?

Sled Dog

Hey guys. 4 of us have the week of 1/24 off and I'd like any ideas for a 1000 mile loop. From what I see, the Gaspe may be our best bet. Am I wrong? Can we leave from RDL and do a full or partial loop? I've ridden the Gaspe before and it is awesome but coming from Syracuse, NY its a bit of a drive!!

Thanks for any advice!

Hi Sled Dog,

You could start closer to home and truck to the Trois Rivieres or St Raymond area. Then you could ride up to Lac St Jean then to Chibougamau and out to Abitibi. From there head back thru Clova and La Tuque to get back to the truck. This would take a long week including the time on the road in the truck.

A short week you could start from the same place, head to Lac St Jean and then out the north shore to Les Escoumins and Baie Comeau. You could return the same way via Lac St Jean or stay on 3.

We were at Mont Valin last week and on the mountain the trails were fine.

As always check the trail conditions.

Jack

Edited by revct1

Hey guys. 4 of us have the week of 1/24 off and I'd like any ideas for a 1000 mile loop. From what I see, the Gaspe may be our best bet. Am I wrong? Can we leave from RDL and do a full or partial loop? I've ridden the Gaspe before and it is awesome but coming from Syracuse, NY its a bit of a drive!!

Thanks for any advice!

gaspe is looking good for that week as i see no prop heading out of rdl

Thanks for any advice!

http://infomotoneigistegaspesie.com/index.php?page=cond_sent.php

Good luck,my advise stick with the Chibougamau idea, Gaspes good in March better temps and less risk of being snowed in.

Thanks for any advice!

Start out @ Richards in Mekinac.1/2 day ride to Lac Eduard.From there we went toward Toudesac & we slept over before the river crossing.

The next morning we crossed the Sagunay & headed toward Mt Valin.We had lunch @ le Chapel and continued to Alma for the evening.

The next moring we rode up & around lac St Jean.We went west to Relais 22 for the evening & back to Ricahards

in the morning.It was alose to 1200 mi in 4 1/2 days. It was AWESOME!! A lot of different riding condition's & scenery.

We stayed at some pretty cool places.If you're interested call me @ 215-783-2074 & I will give you the trails & places to stay.

Good luck,Darin

Start out @ Richards in Mekinac.1/2 day ride to Lac Eduard.From there we went toward Toudesac & we slept over before the river crossing.

The next morning we crossed the Sagunay & headed toward Mt Valin.We had lunch @ le Chapel and continued to Alma for the evening.

The next moring we rode up & around lac St Jean.We went west to Relais 22 for the evening & back to Ricahards

in the morning.It was alose to 1200 mi in 4 1/2 days. It was AWESOME!! A lot of different riding condition's & scenery.

We stayed at some pretty cool places.If you're interested call me @ 215-783-2074 & I will give you the trails & places to stay.

Good luck,Darin

What was the fire damage like around Relais22?? Thought I read they would be closed also.

What was the fire damage like around Relais22?? Thought I read they would be closed also.

Not sure.We did it last year.There are other ways to get back to Richards if you have to avoid relais 22.

Or u could spend more time In mt Valin riding the local trails & spend the night.That would be fun

I was hopeing to do Gaspe too but not looking to good yet. Coming up next friday. Still not sure where to start from. The HI sounds a little scetchy too leve from. Maybe St Zeno then head north or west if there is snow west.

I would stay in Zenon at the Cabanon. Snow always is good as soon as you head north to the damn. You could go west to Senneterre, then head up to Chibougamau

then over toward Saguenay and Valins and back to Zenon. Easy drive and snow always seems to be good there.

Guys, thank you so much for the advice/help! Really, really appreciated. Will probably head out from Maniwaki. Not sure of the direction yet.

Whatever we do, I'll post up pics and the route next week!

I would stay in Zenon at the Cabanon. Snow always is good as soon as you head north to the damn. You could go west to Senneterre, then head up to Chibougamau

then over toward Saguenay and Valins and back to Zenon. Easy drive and snow always seems to be good there.

Thanks will probley do that. Was hoping to do somthing new but take waht ya can I guess.