Truck/Trailer parking - Matawin?

snowrider3

Wondering if any reports good/bad for long term truck/trailer parking at Chez Marineau Mattawin drop point? We have passed by on sleds many times for lunch/supper but never by truck. Auberge Mekinac just down road not open quite yet until Feb 10. It is on main highway, I think no corral, but the obvious of chains,cables,locks,remove relays,cover VIN sufficient for safety? Experience/opinions? Seems a really nice drop point heading North and coming back South with snow lacking in the more southern sectors this season. Thanks

Let us know what you find.......We are coming from pa this week and r looking at the same area to launch from.

Waiting to hear from a place a few miles north of auberge mekinac that we have left from before. I believe its in the town of st joseph de mekinac just at the base of the pipeline.

From the club website it says that the latuq club groomed all the way to shawinigan. The updated fcmq trail conditions page still has the shawinigan area yellow.

??????????trying to get some first hand advice

Shawinigan definately still yellow.

Go north.

St joseph de mekinac to the pipeline good conditions.

Mattawin or la tuque.

Just got back from the lac st jean top of the lake the best and to chibougamu.

Wondering if any reports good/bad for long term truck/trailer parking at Chez Marineau Mattawin drop point? We have passed by on sleds many times for lunch/supper but never by truck. Auberge Mekinac just down road not open quite yet until Feb 10. It is on main highway, I think no corral, but the obvious of chains,cables,locks,remove relays,cover VIN sufficient for safety? Experience/opinions? Seems a really nice drop point heading North and coming back South with snow lacking in the more southern sectors this season. Thanks

I never parked there, but I have never heard anything bad about it. I have seen alot of trucks/trailers parked there over the years, I think alot of people park there to get into their cabins to the west of there. What is your itinerary and how many days do you have? Where are you coming from that would help to give you a good spot to leave from. :drinks:

I never parked there, but I have never heard anything bad about it. I have seen alot of trucks/trailers parked there over the years, I think alot of people park there to get into their cabins to the west of there. What is your itinerary and how many days do you have? Where are you coming from that would help to give you a good spot to leave from. :drinks:

Yes, we often see dozens of rigs parked there, especially on weekends. Always figured it was folks going into there cabins for the weekend as well, or just out enjoying the Parc. We have never heard or seen any problems there either, just curious. Heading to the 369N Parent,Clova,Senneterre,Lebel,Chiboug,St-Felic,Relay22,La Tuque, back down the 355S. Usually start more southerly or Westerly. Just seems to be a real nice drop point to start and finish road and trail wise in a low snow year. Just hope it is not too convenient for other activities as well while we are on tour.

Should not be any problems parking at the motel/resto Marineau. Snow is thin south and even from there to the pipeline will be so so.

In the park toward repos no problems.

Just take precautions as usual with the rigs and trailers.

Yes, we often see dozens of rigs parked there, especially on weekends. Always figured it was folks going into there cabins for the weekend as well, or just out enjoying the Parc. We have never heard or seen any problems there either, just curious. Heading to the 369N Parent,Clova,Senneterre,Lebel,Chiboug,St-Felic,Relay22,La Tuque, back down the 355S. Usually start more southerly or Westerly. Just seems to be a real nice drop point to start and finish road and trail wise in a low snow year. Just hope it is not too convenient for other activities as well while we are on tour.

If you are heading toward 369 and Parent I would consider dropping at LeCabanon in St. Zenon. They have a corral for the trucks and it is very easy to access 369 by the 345. :drinks: