Is 73N from La-Tuque to Realy 22 still no good?

markusvt

Hi Markusvt,

I'm staying away from it and I think most riders are. Hopefully someone will post that has been brave.

When rode it, we came from La Tuque and crossed the reservior to Windigo. This cut out a big piece of 73N. We were heading towards Abitibi at the time so it worked out good for us.

Good luck.

Jack & Sandi

Friends went last week one word BAD.50 miles pretty rough

Scorpionbowl?

Here's the track from Feb 25...

We started from LaTuque, the trail followed the old river rats trail, which was ok. Then it was something like 8 miles of logging road, 8 miles of bad trail, then another 8 miles of logging road and 8 miles of bad trail till vermillon. From there it was typical relais 22 conditions. I think you can draw a 22 mile circle around relais 22 and all trails in that circle are always perfect.

If you take this trail after snow, you'll be fine. If its after a warmup or rain, forget it.

[Yellow is our track, blue is the old 73, green is the old river rats]

Edited by scorpionbowl

I was afraid of that. Bummer this is such a key link to get anywhere. Poor guy at relay 22 has to be bumming.

We did a trip adjust based on weather and conditions. Tomorrow, leave Quebec city, go north, tour the island, stay at Sacre Cour, maybe 300 miles total. Next night stay at Roberval, maybe 225-250miles, Sunday back to Quebec City, maybe 200 miles or so, should all be OK.