gas in the gaspe

earlharrow

i was just in que last week . the gas pumps r ripping us off i got gas in rivere du loup petro canada as ur leaving town i have a spare gas tank on my sled holds 11.5 liters it took more then 14 liters ,the station in rimoski east was the same its not a petro canada .on the way back went to the same station different pump and it was alright. a petro canada down near amqui was the same as the first one .like we dont give them enough money travelling there they have to rip us off at the pumps. ill still go back but its pretty sad

i was just in que last week . the gas pumps r ripping us off i got gas in rivere du loup petro canada as ur leaving town i have a spare gas tank on my sled holds 11.5 liters it took more then 14 liters ,the station in rimoski east was the same its not a petro canada .on the way back went to the same station different pump and it was alright. a petro canada down near amqui was the same as the first one .like we dont give them enough money travelling there they have to rip us off at the pumps. ill still go back but its pretty sad

did you make the conversion ??????

- 1 gallon canadien = 4.54 litres

- 1 gallon américain = 3.78 litres

groomer !!!!

im not trying to be rude but i do spend alot of money there every year i could accept 1 station but 3 different stations . their ripping off the people of que also. iwill be back again your trails are amazing

im not trying to be rude but i do spend alot of money there every year i could accept 1 station but 3 different stations . their ripping off the people of que also. iwill be back again your trails are amazing

i understand that.but i hate peoples who try to advantage of ''tourists money ''.

groomer !!!

Groomer

I don't think it is People trying to rip off tourist's.

I think the pumps are calbrated improperly and the stations(oil companies) are ripping off all who buy at those pumps. (luck of the fill up I guess)

Earl was one of the Sleds in our group and yes he has a fabricated spare tank on his Apex.

It holds 11 Liters , I've seen it numerous times full @ 11 maybe 11.2 liters max .

He is referring to the : Petro Canada on trail 526 just on the edge of RDL.

: Petro Canada near TQ 5 in Sayabec

: ? gas station in Rimouski East right beside the Hotel Le Empress

(high test pump closest to road north end out by 3L+ )

( high test pump north end closest to station cashier was right on 2 days later)

If you need the name of the station in Rimouski I can look up a reciept and let you know.

Mark

Edited by MJD

Groomer

I don't think it is People trying to rip off tourist's.

I think the pumps are calbrated improperly and the stations(oil companies) are ripping off all who buy at those pumps. (luck of the fill up I guess)

Earl was one of the Sleds in our group and yes he has a fabricated spare tank on his Apex.

It holds 11 Liters , I've seen it numerous times full @ 11 maybe 11.2 liters max .

He is referring to the : Petro Canada on trail 526 just on the edge of RDL.

: Petro Canada near TQ 5 in Sayabec

: ? gas station in Rimouski East right beside the Hotel Le Empress

(high test pump closest to road north end out by 3L+ )

( high test pump north end closest to station cashier was right on 2 days later)

If you need the name of the station in Rimouski I can look up a reciept and let you know.

Mark

hi mark !!

i know what you mean,but from 11.5 to 14.75 ,thats a big difference .can t believe the owners of those gas stations can t see it .

i wish i could go to sayabec ,put 20.00$ of gas and then put another 20.00$$ here in town just to see the difference.

jean-guy

Gasoline dispensors in the U. S. are callibrated annually by the local wieghts and measures official and are sealed. IF the dealer/owner of station wants to play games, he/she must undo the seal to change the calibration. It can happen, but I think you need much more solid evidence than a cheap mass produced gas can before you acuse someone of being a crook.

just back from the gas station.friend told me that an inspector come twice a year to check the calibration,he can ''land '' anytime without notice .if there s a 100ml+ difference on the meter they close the gas pump.

groomer !!!

2 gas stations give you the same number? Both are 28% higher than what you think? I would say you have a 14L can......

Or, my best guess, you misread liters for dollars. If your 11L can were empty, and Fuel was at 1.29 per liter, is would cost you $14.19.

Edited by markusvt

2 gas stations give you the same number? Both are 28% higher than what you think? I would say you have a 14L can......

Or, my best guess, you misread liters for dollars. If your 11L can were empty, and Fuel was at 1.29 per liter, is would cost you $14.19.

i know the difference between dollars and liters

Gasoline dispensors in the U. S. are callibrated annually by the local wieghts and measures official and are sealed. IF the dealer/owner of station wants to play games, he/she must undo the seal to change the calibration. It can happen, but I think you need much more solid evidence than a cheap mass produced gas can before you acuse someone of being a crook.

the tank holds 11.5 liters at the other stations asshole

the tank holds 11.5 liters at the other stations asshole

Why would you call me an asshole, I wasn't taking a shot at you just pointing out the obvious. With your shoot first, ask questions later style,I'm glad you aren't an American representing me in Quebec.

Why would you call me an asshole, I wasn't taking a shot at you just pointing out the obvious. With your shoot first, ask questions later style,I'm glad you aren't an American representing me in Quebec.

the tank isnt mass produced and when i pump gas at one station and pump 11.5 and 14.75 at 3 others theres something wrong and it isnt my tank

Just a few comments after riding QC for 25 years! First of all on changing pumps, sure they are checked twice a year but the day after they are calibrated to the next scheduled test (6 months)?, probably got a free ride for at least 4 months.

I have many experiences including changing money at a Caisse Populaire where the teller scammed me for a $100 American and she ALMOST got away with it. If another guy in the group hadn't asked me to change the same amount she probably would have. Oh, she said, sorry I make mistake.

Change at a rest or bar, wow, after 25 years of trying they never give up. I went to a mall in Victoriaville to buy my wife a gift, gave the girl at the checkout a $100 bill, price for what I bought should have given me $60+ in change, it was missing $50! When I brought it to her attention, Oh, Sorry, don't speak english! What the hell has speaking english got to do with making change?????

I now consider every transaction is a scam unless I prove it otherwise. Being on vacation and using money that is unfamiliar shouldn't be a license to steal. Tourism is way down and when you stop at the Relais they ask where is everyone? Probably out looking for the truck, 4 sled trailer and 4 sleds that dis-appeared last night without a trace.

Karl

Before I see it in print, I know that the majority are honest, too bad the 10 or 15% are out there. Gives the entire place a bad rap, just like the THEFT problem. After a while most people figure out there are other places to go.

I have an Apex too and have been having a range problem since the start, a spare tank on board emptying into the fuel line would be ideal, is this what your spare tank is like?Unfortunately i haven't found one like that and have been carring a 5 litre jerry can, can you tell me where you bought it and a little more details like where it is mounted and does it actually flow into the fuel line somehow.

Thanks

JG

I have an Apex too and have been having a range problem since the start, a spare tank on board emptying into the fuel line would be ideal, is this what your spare tank is like?Unfortunately i haven't found one like that and have been carring a 5 litre jerry can, can you tell me where you bought it and a little more details like where it is mounted and does it actually flow into the fuel line somehow.

Thanks

JG

Trailblazer

Earl made the tank , fixed to the tunnel extension , siphons automatically into main tank , works and looks real good.

I'll let Earl know that you need some info on it. He's pretty good at sharing info , He's just a little P O 'd right now due to the incorrect volume of some of the pumps on our last trip to PQ.

Mark

Thanks

JG

TB I use the tour buddy, the old REV ones were beautiful, very slick, my new Gade one is just a big box, but it gets the job done, 14 liters and it siphons into main tank...

Thanks

JG

i would be glad to send u pics if u send ur email to eharrow@live.com

Hi Earl, If your main fuel tank were not completly full is it possible your spare tank could spill a few liters into it??

tank is hooked up to the vent and i fill it first it is at the back of the sled no way it can do that i got the right amount at 2 other stations