bv2s ski-doo helment

jimcb1

some prople have no probs with fogging

but mine was foging up got the electric shild and would never ride without one now with all the money and effert we but in to go riding its well worth it to enjoy the ride rather than fighting to see cold hands from trying to scrape frost

hi i have a bv2s helment and like it i dont have an electric shield never nhad a problem in ny next week we are going to do the gaspe would i need an electric shield up there thanks any info would be great

I have been using a BV2S helmet in Quebec including the Gaspe for 5 years along with 5 other members of our group. Save your money. You won't have any fogging problems...none of us have.

• 11 months later...

I just wanted to let you know that if you bought a BV2S a year or two ago and had trouble with the light (mine stayed on and wouldn't shut off...but lasted all year) there is a free upgrade at the skidoo dealer to fix it.

I love that helmet!! I have to say its great for me...I like to be able to drop the mouth and talk! I never feel that I have to remove my helmet...the old style it was the first thing I did when ever we stopped. Then my fingers were frozen trying to put it all back on.. None of those issue with the BV2.

Linda

There are 2 reasons fogging happens with that helmet. You can easily avoid them. 1. Make sure you have a tight seal around your face with the mask. 2. If you are working hard and sweating in cold weather you may need to crack it open a small amount untill you stop sweating and breathing hard. Love my helmet and it never causes problems if I follow those 2 rules.

Best thelmet out there for trail riding...But when off trail , too much restriction for breathing and then the moisture from sweat and the snow swirls around inside the helmet when in deep powder.My goggles fog when I get too hot But only when I start to drive fast out of the cuts,....but I carry an xtra pair.For the ride back.But have a pair of heated ones for when on trails with my wife,so if I go off for a bit then come back on with just a bit of heat from me and poooof the lenses will fog...heated goggles for trailing..But when its stupid cold...My son and I put on our Moddular BRP helmets...the only good thing from BRP...lol... jack

There are 2 reasons fogging happens with that helmet. You can easily avoid them. 1. Make sure you have a tight seal around your face with the mask. 2. If you are working hard and sweating in cold weather you may need to crack it open a small amount untill you stop sweating and breathing hard. Love my helmet and it never causes problems if I follow those 2 rules.

HUH?! Stop sweating and breathing hard?! I thought if I wasn't sweating and breathing hard I wasn't doing it right!!

I always use the heated shield on my BV out of habit. As was said, there's significant investment to be there, so better safe than sorry.