St Donat - 4.5 Day Saddlebag trip - Suggestions based on current conditions?

snowpromod

A buddy asked if I could help him out with a saddlebag trip leaving from St. Donat, 4.5 days of riding - 900-1000 miles. Anybody have any ood suggestions based on the current conditions, I just got home from a week at Mt. Valin . . . so my snow reports are of little help! They are looking to do this first thing next week.

Thanks

A good friend of mine, Coyote, did St-Donat/Gouin/Clova on the 8-9-10-11 january. It was before the last week 2 snow storms and he state at that moment that St-Donat to Repos was a bit thin but Repos and norther was fantastic with alot more snow. His ride give him 800 miles in 3.5 days.

They did:

day#1: St-Donat-St-Zenon-Kanawata

day#2 kanawata-Gouin loop then the #83 to Clova for the night

Day#3 Clova, #83/#369 to Casey then #33 to St-Michel

day#4 St-Michel to St-Donat (arrive before noon)

Since this we received the 2 storms and it's snowing right now. St-Zenon last sunday was already in full winter condition.

It can be a base to start with....hope this help...

:drinks:

Alain

I just did sorta the same 3.5 day trip on many of the same trails.

Thurs: 1/12/12 Real Masse to Repos (short day)

Fri: 1/13/12 Repos to Gouin Reservoir via Kanawata

Sat: 1/14 Gouin to Meekos

Sun: 1/15/12 Meekos back to Real Masse

All trails were mint albeit a few thin spots around Masse and LeCabanon with the typical rocks here and there underneath. Did not have more than 20 sleds coming head on the entire trip and saw no more than 50 the entire trip, including intersections and lodging places. Snow is no issue from St Zenon north. My buddy and I both agreed the trails were mint and for a first ride of this shitty season it couldn't get any better. Colder than hell a few mornings though.