TQ63 in parc Mont Tremblant East

scorpionbowl

This section of trail was horrible on jan 26. A logging operation has started in the area and everything is a mess. I would stay away until someone has an update on its condition. Please post any updates here...

Thanks.

Not sure exactly where you mean. Can you be more specific? Near what towns? Thanks

Cut the park in half, the west side was perfect. Then where that groomer turned back, the east side was 3 foot moguls. Problem with forresters taking over a trail cutting off groomer access from cabanon side from what we heard. Dennis was going friday to meet on the trail to discuss the matter with the forresters and government since the foreesters were taking over snowmobile trail without making a safe alternate route. Heard the west side groomer might be able to groom further east in the park before tuening around. Not sure what the resoluion was/is

Edited by NH-Moose

Not sure exactly where you mean. Can you be more specific? Near what towns? Thanks

It's the section between St. Micheal & Rouge Matawin....is says "caution 5 km shared with truckers"...so maybe the only bad section is this?

I came from Meekos to St michelle on the 63 a few weeks ago, a few miles before the park, on the west side (we were traveling east) the 63 all but disappeared. Did about 12 miles of "This can't be it" One sled wide in a maze of local trails. IDK how we got through it, but when we did we found a groomed trail that had not had tracks on it for days and a strip of yellow caution tape across the trail. I don't know why that section was closed, maybe for a bridge with some bad decking and a somewhat washed out approach on one end? If anybody knows what I'm talking about I'd love to know what was going on there.

Ok, today we rode the park again, end to end. Like monday, the west half was perfect, like an indy 500 track. East half was much better than monday, apparently it had been groomed since monday. It will probably take a few passes of the groomer to get the east as nice as ge west since it was ao moguled on monday, but its back in business as far as we're concerned.