Crazy Trip

viper2

Sorry to hear about all of the bad luck! The saddle bag deal was over the top. It is just good to hear everbody made it home safe and at the end you got to laugh it off. I know the last time I had to tow, we rode back 90 miles riding two up on a one person sled after a 35 mile tow. That sucked! I agree with Alain your next trip is going to be a good one! Keep me updated on your plans for the end of Feb. March maybe we will cross paths!

Have some pics coming at least one in our group was prepared :lol: I got a flashdrive with some pics I just need to find time to post them. :good:

The schoolhouse is up on the hill as you come into town and is owned by the same guy as the gas station. You make your reservations there and eat your meals there if you take the package. It is only a few hundred yards from Tamarac on opposite sides of railroad track. I have stayed at both nicer rooms at schoolhouse but it is more conveinent at Tamarac as you can eat in house and they have a nice bar there. I think this link will take you there it is called Auberge Clova http://www.bonjourquebec.com/qc-en/accommodation-directory/hotel/auberge-clova_14954260.html

Thanks for the info, lets see nicer bar vs. nicer rooms. Bar wins hands down. :drinks:

Thanks for the info, lets see nicer bar vs. nicer rooms. Bar wins hands down. :drinks:

They do have a real nice lounge in the basement with a TV and couches and we bought some stuff at the store (SAQ) and took it back there. :drinks:

Can anyone help me with downloading pics? Don't know what is different from last year but it seems like most of my pics are too large. Is there any way I can format them different so they take up less space? For now I will share what I can.

Trails were mostly good.........

I am on a trip like this right now.

La Barriere to Quebec City

Quebec to Alma

Alma to La Tuque

La Tuque to La Barriere.

4 blown Belts between 2 sleds

Ice in gas

Fouled plugs

Broken exhaust springs

Broken recoil

2 off trail wipeouts today (one broken mirror)

More moguls In 3 days of riding then I've seem combined on past 5 trips to QC - is this tug hill?

Tonight we rescued a local from Alma who crashed pretty hard not far from Mt Apica. His sled was in quite a predicament in a ditch and kissing a very large rock which had kissed him back. He walked 4 miles on 368 and flagged us down at the 23 intersection to help him. He wrecked almost 2 hours before we helped him.

New Apex now needs new a arms. He's lucky that appears to be all.

Quebec to Alma

Alma to La Tuque

La Tuque to La Barriere.

Ice in gas

Fouled plugs

Broken exhaust springs

Broken recoil

More moguls In 3 days of riding then I've seem combined on past 5 trips to QC - is this tug hill?

Tonight we rescued a local from Alma who crashed pretty hard not far from Mt Apica. His sled was in quite a predicament in a ditch and kissing a very large rock which had kissed him back. He walked 4 miles on 368 and flagged us down at the 23 intersection to help him. He wrecked almost 2 hours before we helped him.

At least it sounds like everyone is still moving forward of course your not done yet. Good Luck :drinks:

Viper 2 glad to here you made it home safe, we talked to you back at Lecabanon on your way back after wife. Its still the most talked about story of this years trip. Hope to see ya again up there.

Bob

Yes we are planning our next adventure now. Didn't get sled back yet but dealer told me already they are making good on the chaincase. :good:

Quebec to Alma

Alma to La Tuque

La Tuque to La Barriere.

Ice in gas

Fouled plugs

Broken exhaust springs

Broken recoil

I was going to try to get a third year out of my current 2011 sled, makes me want to check a new one for next year... They only break when it snows. =@ :)

Hope your luck improves...

I'm glad you were able to help a local from Alma. 3 1/2 weeks ago I hit a rock not far from Mt. Apica, I was able to limp it to Mt. Apica where a guy from Alma rode his sled home, returned with his pickup and brought me all the way back to Saint Anne de Beaupre. Mark