March 4-5-6th

mcstar

Planning a 3 day saddlebag trip and looking to start north of Gatineau.(coming from Rt. 81 )

Where can we start from, and ride north looping back and still find snow?

We will arrive Saturday (3rd) and leave for trip Sunday morning and will need to get the 3 day pass.

Also we are 3 is that a problem with rooms (getting a cot ect.) or is it better to "find" a 4th rider !!

Mid-Range, is this your area?. Feel free to make suggestions !

Long range forecast looks like it may warm up at the start of that week!

I am starting a 4 day saddle bag trip on the 3/2 and my last stop should be in the Mont Laurier area, conditions in that area sound good right now. I do not know how much snow or how conditions are in the Gatineau area are but I would go a little farther noth to start. You should be good to go with 3 people, seems a lot of places have rooms with 2 single and 1 double bed.

Suggestion #1 You can leave from the municipality of Low.30 minutes north of Ottawa/Gatineau.There is a fairly large parking at the south entrance of the village.The place is restaurant Barbe.Always plenty of truck/trailers on weekends.Trail is the railroad bed up to Maniwaki across the highway.

Suggestion#2 You unload in Maniwaki either at Motel des Draveurs or Chateau Logue.

Maniwaki-Val d'Or

Val d'Or- Clova

Clova-Maniwaki via Rabaska Lodge

I would have offered to be your 4th, but I just booked to ride with another group! Arggh...they want to ride ontario! Anyhow, I say ride to Sennetaire (spelling?) not Val Dor, definiatly loved Clova..that was a great experience! And Maniwaki is where we started, it was a great spot to begin, nice to hit Devils Mountain and then head to Clova. have fun!

Suggestion #1 You can leave from the municipality of Low.30 minutes north of Ottawa/Gatineau.There is a fairly large parking at the south entrance of the village.The place is restaurant Barbe.Always plenty of truck/trailers on weekends.Trail is the railroad bed up to Maniwaki across the highway.

Suggestion#2 You unload in Maniwaki either at Motel des Draveurs or Chateau Logue.

Maniwaki-Val d'Or

Val d'Or- Clova

Clova-Maniwaki via Rabaska Lodge

Thank you Mid Range, booked at the Draveur.(sat. night)...now let's hope the weather holds up the next few days!

Thank you Mid Range, booked at the Draveur.(sat. night)...now let's hope the weather holds up the next few days!

We are in Matagami right now, are trucks are in St Agathe des monts, we will be coming through that area in the next few days will let ya know how it is

We are in Matagami right now, are trucks are in St Agathe des monts, we will be coming through that area in the next few days will let ya know how it is

Thank's Jack, one day we have to hookup and meet!

P.S. by any chance you have a Body shop in NJ?

I would leave from Mount Pellier about 30 miles north east of Ottawa and 4 1/2 hours from syracuse. There are a couple of place to stay one is Viceroy on lake Simon ( expensive ) other is Riopel salon . We park at riopel all the time and have never had a promblem. the trail leaves right from the parking lot and they are mint always. Here is a link to that club http://www.motoneiges.ca/actions/showClub?lg=en&page=acc&cid=241 We usually leave from there and ride to wherever where heading. Mount Laurier is about 3 hours on sled from here. Left from here 3 weeks ago and did 600 miles in 3 days over to St. zenon and mount Laurier. The pic is from 3 weeks ago on the trail from Riopel post-1347-0-30367700-1330532186_thumb.jpg

post-1347-0-10770600-1330532028_thumb.jpg

Have a great ride...we are heading up to Abitibi as well.Either leaving on friday p.m. or early saturday morning.Unloading up there.

Have a great ride...we are heading up to Abitibi as well.Either leaving on friday p.m. or early saturday morning.Unloading up there.

Thank's, pity we don't get to meet!

We are going to head up to Clova on Sunday then we will decide which way to go (east or west) to loop down.