Snowmobiling brings $2,000,000,000 to Quebec

smclelan

Look at all those 0s!! I attended a meeting over the weekend in Ottawa, Ontario for Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations. While there I had a lengthy conversation with the General Manager of the FCMQ, he is going to make great improvement in snowmobiling in Quebec.

We were talking about economic impacts of snowmobiling in Canada, he told me snowmobiling in Quebec is now a $2,000,000,000 BILLION/ year economic impact in the province!!

It was good to be at a meeting and talk to all the rollers and shakers of snowmobiling right across Canada. There is so much that can be learned and shared at meeting like this. I think everyone there came home with a little something that will help in their home province or territory.

Look at all those 0s!! I attended a meeting over the weekend in Ottawa, Ontario for Canadian Council of Snowmobile Organizations. While there I had a lengthy conversation with the General Manager of the FCMQ, he is going to make great improvement in snowmobiling in Quebec.

We were talking about economic impacts of snowmobiling in Canada, he told me snowmobiling in Quebec is now a $2,000,000,000 BILLION/ year economic impact in the province!!

It was good to be at a meeting and talk to all the rollers and shakers of snowmobiling right across Canada. There is so much that can be learned and shared at meeting like this. I think everyone there came home with a little something that will help in their home province or territory.

You are one of the rollers and shakers Steven. Your involvement speaks for itself. I mean this. I'm not trying to bust you. I appreciate all you do for snowmobiling in Canada.

Gheeeeezz Bill

go easy. His head already barely fits in his helmet :db::rolleyes: .

Seriously Steven, you are the man and your contributions to Canadian snowmobiling are off the chart. All of those of us from the US who enjoy riding in Canada greatly appreciate your efforts.

Thanks for the kind words. However there are many, many volunteers and snowmobile Association/Federation managers that make this happen in Quebec and right across Canada every year. It takes an incredible amount of work and planning to provide the premier snowmobile product we use and enjoy each winter.

Cheers to all them. :drinks:

• Yes thank you for all your work. I went to Quebec for the first time last year, and let me tell you. I'm hooked. Even in a relatively poor snow year your trails were amazing. The people so friendly, the businesses so snowmobile friendly. I told my wife that when we retire we should spend our winters in Canada. Loved it.