Mt Valin - Saguenay area info

SkippyDoo

Hi, coming up to Saguenay area New Years weekend ! Looking for info on the Mt Valin area. It has been about 7 years since I rode this area. Anyway's staying at the Delta. I see here that the city trails should be open by then so I shouldn't have to trailer. But if I did trailer up where is a good place to unload ? Also how many gas options are available up in the Mt Valin area. The only one I know of is la chapelle. I'm sure there are more. Bringing the girl with me so looking for sight seeing stuff. Figure I would do the peaks. I hear there is a cave. Is that easily accessible ? And whereabout might that be ?

And zec onatchiway, are those private trails ? Need additional permit for them ? Same goes with the pelchat trail that starts behind la chapelle towards Escoumins. Don't believe I would ride that one but is that private as well ? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

Hi, coming up to Saguenay area New Years weekend ! Looking for info on the Mt Valin area. It has been about 7 years since I rode this area. Anyway's staying at the Delta. I see here that the city trails should be open by then so I shouldn't have to trailer. But if I did trailer up where is a good place to unload ? Also how many gas options are available up in the Mt Valin area. The only one I know of is la chapelle. I'm sure there are more. Bringing the girl with me so looking for sight seeing stuff. Figure I would do the peaks. I hear there is a cave. Is that easily accessible ? And whereabout might that be ?

And zec onatchiway, are those private trails ? Need additional permit for them ? Same goes with the pelchat trail that starts behind la chapelle towards Escoumins. Don't believe I would ride that one but is that private as well ? Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

If you trailer up to Mont Valin, the ski hill Valinouet is a good place to unload. Gas is available at KM 31, at the ski hill and Onatchaway have gas. Also gas at Pipmuacan. Cave is off trail # 476. If you want to ride the trails inside Onatchaway you will need to buy a pass for those trails. The Pelchat trail does not require a pass, it's free.

from what i here the chapelle will not be open this year

Correct...

Luc Paré, the new owner of the famous snowmobile relay in the Monts Valin, we confirmed this disappointing news for all snowmobilers in the province. Having tried everything in order to open this winter, Mr. Paré has not been able to do so because of administrative delays that are imposed. Mr. Paré promises, however, it will be ready for the 2013-2014 season.

Edited by mcstar

SkippyDOO

Some GPS coordinates with location

N48 34.419 W70 16.980 Chute Lac Canot (water fall) off route 93 west of KM31

N48 43.032 W71 08.431 - Ice cave south side of Lac la Mothe -

I do have a bunch of way points if you need just send me your email address and I can forward.

schooter

Correct...

Luc Paré, the new owner of the famous snowmobile relay in the Monts Valin, we confirmed this disappointing news for all snowmobilers in the province. Having tried everything in order to open this winter, Mr. Paré has not been able to do so because of administrative delays that are imposed. Mr. Paré promises, however, it will be ready for the 2013-2014 season.

How can a place this famous be closed? This is very sad news

Zec Onatchiway is private trail system. You can buy pass at Onatchiway and get food gas there. Pick up mt valin trail map not the regional one and it will show you various viewing areas. You can also head to Scoobyraid in west valin - good food and great hosts.