La Tuque lodging?

I have been to La Tuque twice and both times pulled right into Motel des 9 out of convenience to the trail. Is there a better quality option in town, closer to bar etc? Or is the 9 as good as it gets? We will be running down from Alma on 355 probably.

Thanks

Jack

What about Club Odanak north of town?

They are open this year (the trail from LaTuque north has been re-re-located to pass by the Odanak once again). Have not heard from anyone who has stopped by this year. The last time we stayed there was 4 or 5 years ago during the period that the local club had moved the trail away from the Odanak (something to do with a spat with the native american gentleman who was running the place). After we spent two hours pounding the piss out of ourselves on the unopened trail from LaTuque, the 4 of us were the only guests in the whole establishment and the conditions were a little "needy". Hope they have rejuvinated and refurbished cuz it was a really neat place to stay. I remember staying there when there were two or three tour groups there and every room in the place was filled with besotted french and italian folks enjoying winter in Quebec. :-)

They are open this year (the trail from LaTuque north has been re-re-located to pass by the Odanak once again). Have not heard from anyone who has stopped by this year. The last time we stayed there was 4 or 5 years ago during the period that the local club had moved the trail away from the Odanak (something to do with a spat with the native american gentleman who was running the place). After we spent two hours pounding the piss out of ourselves on the unopened trail from LaTuque, the 4 of us were the only guests in the whole establishment and the conditions were a little "needy". Hope they have rejuvinated and refurbished cuz it was a really neat place to stay. I remember staying there when there were two or three tour groups there and every room in the place was filled with besotted french and italian folks enjoying winter in Quebec. :-)

Happy New Year Timbo!!

I must say, I enjoy reading your posts! lol

"pounding the piss" my father said that line a few times, had to laugh.

And....I don't pretend...never hear the term 'besotted' so I thought I would share the meaning in case....but do presume your meaning was the latter of the 2 available.

be·sot·ted

/biˈsätid/

Adjective

• Strongly infatuated: "he became besotted with his best friend's sister".
  • Intoxicated; drunk.

Synonyms

infatuated

Linda