Rumor mill yesterday stated that DOO

Phil 1

http://www.lespac.co...S6fS6fWWpageZZ0

Bobby, this is what's on the market in my area right now

JG

The best time to sell a sled up here is in Sept and Oct.

Thanks so much.

Get a Yamaha. Bulletproof. (sorry, just had to throw my $.02 in). Actually, this new Doo does seem interesting.

Ill throw mine in too with the miles I have on this 1200 right now you would go thru bogie wheels and exhaust doughnuts on a yammie and I have done 1 bogie wheel on mine in just under 12,000 miles,Thats bulletproof.

Hmmm...doesnt Yamaha already have a 3 cylinder???.

.Hmmm ..You mean the 2 cylinder isnt enough.???? which they tried to convince was better than a yamaton.

Hmmm ..Skidoo and their followers trashed Yamaha for how many years...LOL.And now you skidooers are embracing the 3 cylinder.which Yamaha was first..and will weigh a ton too....lol..too funny..

I dont care what they come out with..Its not a 4-stroke Yamaha....

Is skidoo following YANMAHA.????

I think so.!!!!.

Do I have to get those pics and videos of a yammie and a skidoo on a weight scale...lol...

..I heard yammie has a crazy sled But I am not going to let the cat out of the bag..Jack

Hmmm...doesnt Yamaha already have a 3 cylinder???.

.Hmmm ..You mean the 2 cylinder isnt enough.???? which they tried to convince was better than a yamaton.

Hmmm ..Skidoo and their followers trashed Yamaha for how many years...LOL.And now you skidooers are embracing the 3 cylinder.which Yamaha was first..and will weigh a ton too....lol..too funny..

I dont care what they come out with..Its not a 4-stroke Yamaha....

Is skidoo following YANMAHA.????

I think so.!!!!.

Do I have to get those pics and videos of a yammie and a skidoo on a weight scale...lol...

..I heard yammie has a crazy sled But I am not going to let the cat out of the bag..Jack

Welcome to 2013 the SD XR 1200 has been out for 4 years :rofl: And I personally never bashed Yamaha they make a great touring sled for Canada.

Actually the 1200 has been out for 5 model years. I just got a 2013GSX 1200 this year.

But let's please not turn QuebecRider into one of those brand bashing sites. I left HCS years ago because of it.

Ride what you bought and don't try to justify it to everyone else, that's my personal feelings on it. I've seen every one of them on the hook, and i've personally had the luxury of seeing my Polaris on the rollback last year in Quebec. Funny thing is i still love the sled but it's getting too many miles on it and sooner or later stuff wears out. That time was an alternator which is a component like many other sleds have on them that can fail.

But I do like the rumor season. Will Polaris get back into the 4 stroke game? Will Ski Doo's new 900 ACE have an option for turbo charging? Is Yam due for something new or will they stick with what got them this far (ie Apex).......time will tell.

Actually the 1200 has been out for 5 model years. I just got a 2013GSX 1200 this year.

But let's please not turn QuebecRider into one of those brand bashing sites. I left HCS years ago because of it.

Ride what you bought and don't try to justify it to everyone else, that's my personal feelings on it. I've seen every one of them on the hook, and i've personally had the luxury of seeing my Polaris on the rollback last year in Quebec. Funny thing is i still love the sled but it's getting too many miles on it and sooner or later stuff wears out. That time was an alternator which is a component like many other sleds have on them that can fail.

But I do like the rumor season. Will Polaris get back into the 4 stroke game? Will Ski Doo's new 900 ACE have an option for turbo charging? Is Yam due for something new or will they stick with what got them this far (ie Apex).......time will tell.

I just got back from representing HCS at the Polaris terrain domination tour with Levi Lavellee and in the meeting with the marketing director I told him that Poo needed a better 4s to get me on one. Told them until then I would not trust any 2s motors out there in the 800 mill. And BTW I dont care what you ride or what brand and i am not bashing just stating facts that Yamaha is a real nice touring sled and they usually need exhaust doughnuts by 5k miles,not bashing stating facts. I have done the Gaspie loop with Phil and Jackstraw and they will tell you thats not what I am about. I love snowmaching and dont care if you are riding a Rupp bc.gif

What did they say when you mentioned the 4Stroke?

I have to believe they will do something. I had the FST and really liked it but i had to do a lot of extra PM to trust it for long hauls. Stuff was really tight in there and it put out a lot heat so you had to worry about things melting. It was a very nice running sled and handled great. I get no clues from Polaris on what they might do for 2014 and beyond.

What did they say when you mentioned the 4Stroke?

I have to believe they will do something. I had the FST and really liked it but i had to do a lot of extra PM to trust it for long hauls. Stuff was really tight in there and it put out a lot heat so you had to worry about things melting. It was a very nice running sled and handled great. I get no clues from Polaris on what they might do for 2014 and beyond.

They were very tight lipped about the new stuff coming out. We pushed the 4s because alot of us have the 1200's about 7 of us to be exact. I think the Pro-ride suspension in the Switchback is about the same ride as the R-Motion myself. They didnt want to hear about the 4s because their numbers didnt show that it was a needed sled in their minds. I tried to get thru to them that there was no reason for me to jump from SD to Poo becuase they didnt offer anything I am interested in as far as 4s. I cannot afford to replace a sled every 2 years any more with the prices and I dont want to worry about a 2s with 6k on it burning down in the middle of my season thats why i went with the 4s. I have heard rumors floating around that they may do something with the RZR motor in a sled but who knows rumors are just that till they hit the snow.

They were very tight lipped about the new stuff coming out. We pushed the 4s because alot of us have the 1200's about 7 of us to be exact. I think the Pro-ride suspension in the Switchback is about the same ride as the R-Motion myself. They didnt want to hear about the 4s because their numbers didnt show that it was a needed sled in their minds. I tried to get thru to them that there was no reason for me to jump from SD to Poo becuase they didnt offer anything I am interested in as far as 4s. I cannot afford to replace a sled every 2 years any more with the prices and I dont want to worry about a 2s with 6k on it burning down in the middle of my season thats why i went with the 4s. I have heard rumors floating around that they may do something with the RZR motor in a sled but who knows rumors are just that till they hit the snow.

I have been Polaris loyal all my life and I swore my next sled would be a 4 stroke. But, I loved this pro ride chassis so I did it one more time! I hope they show me something for 2014 because I plan on upgrading for 2015, I will give them a year to get the bugs out. If there is no new 4 then I will be switching brands, right now a toss up between SD 1200 and a Yamaha. Right now might be leaning a little more toward Doo as I know I will get a great handling and a really good ride. Of course it sounds like some new stuff from all of them so we will see.

With the price of these new machines i would have to say that i need to get 4 to 5 yrs where maybe you could go 2 or 3 before. The adventure seemed like a great idea but I'm not going 2 stroke so unless they do something i won't be on the Polaris again. I have 60 miles on my new 1200 so i can't even comment about it yet. Those miles were on about 2 inches of melting ice and snow in PA so I hope she treats me well in Quebec in 2 weeks and again in March. Yamaha is probably coming out with something new this year and sounds like Doo may be fully onboard with 4Stroke when just a few yrs ago they seemed to say "never". Maybe Polaris just wants to stay skinny in this economy.

Thanks so much.

Ill throw mine in too with the miles I have on this 1200 right now you would go thru bogie wheels and exhaust doughnuts on a yammie and I have done 1 bogie wheel on mine in just under 12,000 miles,Thats bulletproof.

Yea, I have heard the stories. 13,870 miles, no doughnuts, 2 bogeies and a mudflap! Backed into a snowbank. In all honesty, if you keep ahead of the maintinance, the 4 strokes should last a long time, no matter what brand.

I too think the extra weight of the Yamaha is actually a benefit on the long rides, just don't ditch it!

I have been Polaris loyal all my life and I swore my next sled would be a 4 stroke. But, I loved this pro ride chassis so I did it one more time! I hope they show me something for 2014 because I plan on upgrading for 2015, I will give them a year to get the bugs out. If there is no new 4 then I will be switching brands, right now a toss up between SD 1200 and a Yamaha. Right now might be leaning a little more toward Doo as I know I will get a great handling and a really good ride. Of course it sounds like some new stuff from all of them so we will see.

I ride in CNY as well as Tug Hill at times and needed more suspension than the Apex would offer and i would never buy a sled with a 7 gallon tank so the Nytro was out. I think with AC and Yammie colaberating you may see a more agressive suspension in the yamaha which for me is the ONLY downfall to owning one and where I ride.

With the price of these new machines i would have to say that i need to get 4 to 5 yrs where maybe you could go 2 or 3 before. The adventure seemed like a great idea but I'm not going 2 stroke so unless they do something i won't be on the Polaris again. I have 60 miles on my new 1200 so i can't even comment about it yet. Those miles were on about 2 inches of melting ice and snow in PA so I hope she treats me well in Quebec in 2 weeks and again in March. Yamaha is probably coming out with something new this year and sounds like Doo may be fully onboard with 4Stroke when just a few yrs ago they seemed to say "never". Maybe Polaris just wants to stay skinny in this economy.

I have not met anyone that after they had seat time on the 1200 didnt like it I think you will fall in love with yours like I did.

Yea, I have heard the stories. 13,870 miles, no doughnuts, 2 bogeies and a mudflap! Backed into a snowbank. In all honesty, if you keep ahead of the maintinance, the 4 strokes should last a long time, no matter what brand.

I too think the extra weight of the Yamaha is actually a benefit on the long rides, just don't ditch it!

I concur and keep them outta the ditches!! LOL any 4 stroke for that matter the 1200 is lighter but they are all heavy when they are dead weight.

Sorry Bobby or anyone else if you thought I was saying you guys were bashing..

Its the bashing that skidoo did to yamaha..Also most skidooers who are brand friendly were right there bashing too..I dont care what you ride..Be happy.I ride what I think is good for what I need a sled for.Dependabillity...lol..I ride a Polarisque :help: ..lol..But I have a Yammie to tow it. :rofl:

Again sorry if I made anyone feel like there was bashing going on..Cause I read that on HCS all the time.. jack

Sorry Bobby or anyone else if you thought I was saying you guys were bashing..

Its the bashing that skidoo did to yamaha..Also most skidooers who are brand friendly were right there bashing too..I dont care what you ride..Be happy.I ride what I think is good for what I need a sled for.Dependabillity...lol..I ride a Polarisque :help: ..lol..But I have a Yammie to tow it. :rofl:

Again sorry if I made anyone feel like there was bashing going on..Cause I read that on HCS all the time.. jack

Its all good man I have thick skin, you have to have thick skin to run a site like HCS :drinks: