Are you from Maine? Do you fish?

lindasledgirl

http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/news/state-of-maine-may-ban-soft-plastic-lures-279855.aspx

Do you know there is a bill to ban soft plastic bait?

"Maine has a rich history with angling and the sport has significant economic impacts to the state. Anglers in Maine provide a $614,401,455 economic infusion to the state each year supporting 6,723 Maine jobs. This economic engine from recreational fishing in Maine also provides $42.8 million in state and local tax revenue. Forty-four percent of Maine’s angling days are done by non-resident anglers, and this ban would affect not only bait and tackle shops but also all tourism businesses."

This is not good news! Who makes this s*** up?

http://www.worldfish...res-279855.aspx

Do you know there is a bill to ban soft plastic bait?

"Maine has a rich history with angling and the sport has significant economic impacts to the state. Anglers in Maine provide a $614,401,455 economic infusion to the state each year supporting 6,723 Maine jobs. This economic engine from recreational fishing in Maine also provides $42.8 million in state and local tax revenue. Forty-four percent of Maine’s angling days are done by non-resident anglers, and this ban would affect not only bait and tackle shops but also all tourism businesses."

This is not good news! Who makes this s*** up?

libs I have land in maine but I dont think I will ever build on it I will go back and build in quebec

I fish a lot in Maine but wasn't aware of this proposed law. HOWEVER, I would guess more of our tourism money comes from fly fishermen. They tend to go to the more expensive sporting camps and spend more money. Maine has world renowned fly fishing for trout and salmon, and that is the big attraction. As I once told my daughter, 'if you ever meet a man of your dreams and he likes to fish, but says he uses bait or lures, RUN'! Find a fly fisherman and marry him. Hope this helps explain the proposed law. (lol) mike

I fish a lot in Maine but wasn't aware of this proposed law. HOWEVER, I would guess more of our tourism money comes from fly fishermen. They tend to go to the more expensive sporting camps and spend more money. Maine has world renowned fly fishing for trout and salmon, and that is the big attraction. As I once told my daughter, 'if you ever meet a man of your dreams and he likes to fish, but says he uses bait or lures, RUN'! Find a fly fisherman and marry him. Hope this helps explain the proposed law. (lol) mike

OH, so the 'proposed law' is so your daughter finds the man of YOUR dreams! lol

Good luck with that!

Linda

:drinks:

Hopefully the law will bring in better people and more money to Maine. Just kidding, but I am a Mainer and a fly fisherman. mike

Mike I have heard of wine snobs and golf snobs but never fishing snobs LOL :rofl:

I may have some pics of fishing and remote sporting camps in Maine on my work computer. I'll post some if I can find them, be back to work in just a couple days. Until fishing starts I have to settle for being a wine snob. lol

I may have some pics of fishing and remote sporting camps in Maine on my work computer. I'll post some if I can find them, be back to work in just a couple days. Until fishing starts I have to settle for being a wine snob. lol

What are doing at a computer at 3:24 pm???

Shouldn't you be out shredding the white top?

Oh I know...It doesn't take you all day to do a days worth of riding! :rofl:

Wine gets better with age, but I seem to not follow that trend. But, I keep drinking a lot of wine hoping it helps! Remember that remote sporting camp in northern Canada and that huge bottle of wine I helped you drink? Mike

As promised, and totally out of season, Maine fly fishing sporting camps in the northwest corner of Maine.

Pics of date night to Lakewook Sporting camp, dinner and night flight back.

post-70-0-71088100-1361091634_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-14454500-1361091693_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-71160600-1361091769_thumb.jpgpost-70-0-04020200-1361091812_thumb.jpgAs promised, and totally out of season, pictures of nw Maine fly fishing sporting camps:

@Mikerider

I see some 'fishing boats' in your photos and the purpose of my information was that if the Government decides to 'ban the use of soft plastic bait' it will have a negative impact on tourism dollars.

I am in a part of Ontario that has less and less snow every year. And I travel to the Parry Sound, North Bay, French River, Sudbury area every year for snowmobiling and fishing. The little resorts aren't managing. They are closing up.

As an example, I am in Stonecliffe Ontario. There is a gas station/liquor store/ groccery at the top of the hill. I drive a big truck, big trailer and have lots of room to bring fuel in cans. I choose to buy gas here to support this guy. They live in the store. If we don't support these places, big business swallows them up. We rode to Rolphton yesterday...no gas anymore.

Back to the fishing..... these small business owners do not need any further 'government intervention'.

Lots of plastics are biodegradable.

http://www.basspro.com/Berkley-PowerBait-Biodegradable-Trout-Bait/product/46164/

And if you want to see fly fishing....head to Groomers area...WOW!! Huge regulations there!! 4 rod limit, barbless fly, huge$ but spectacular scenery! My fish were so small, there are no pictures, but I am pretty sure there are pictures of me falling in the river (right after he told me to come closer to shore)! lol

Anyhow...I am sick of the government screwing with small business.

Linda

About 20 some years ago the (Maine) gov't screwed big time with businesses. The gov't spent millions on advertising our tourism. Talk about government interference and gov't intervention. Suddenly everyone came to Maine, including a lot of movie stars, millionaires etc. Hotels were built, these tourists bought land, built homes and camps, moved or started businesses here, made full production movies here. Suddenly tourism became Maine's largest industry. Linda, I do know what you are getting at, and I suspect most Mainers aren't aware of this new proposed law of fishing tackle. I hadn't heard of it til now. We here in Maine won't let you fish with a plastic worm, but we'll help you start your next business featuring fly fishing LOL. mike