Trip planning help please

doo4adoo

Looking at leaving this friday morning. 2 options, one being the Abitibi which I'm good for what i need to know there. The other option is leaving from Shawinigan and the first day going to Jonqiere. From there I would like to go west around the north side of the lake and come down the 83 or 355. I have not ridden this area much and do not know what to expect to ride in a day. Would like to keep it about 200-250 miles. Any idea where i would ride to or stay if I went this way? The third day I'm assuming should be relatively easy to get back to the truck from where ever we stay.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

Jonquiere has the Delta of course. There are other places but the Delta is very good.

The west side of the Lac has Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien or Chateau Roberval in Roberval. Again there are other places to stay but these are popular. A friend of ours just stayed at Roberval and said the trails were so-so on the south side of the Lac. The north side tends to have more snow and better conditions.

Another option is a day trip around the lake from Jonquiere and back to Jonquiere for around 250 - 260 miles. Then the third day would be down to your starting point.

We're driving up Friday morning also. We are doing a two day ride starting Saturday from Motel Bernieres, near Quebec City, out to Riviere du Loup for an overnight and then back to Bernieres Sunday.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Mike,

Jonquiere has the Delta of course. There are other places but the Delta is very good.

The west side of the Lac has Hotel du Jardin in St Felicien or Chateau Roberval in Roberval. Again there are other places to stay but these are popular. A friend of ours just stayed at Roberval and said the trails were so-so on the south side of the Lac. The north side tends to have more snow and better conditions.

Another option is a day trip around the lake from Jonquiere and back to Jonquiere for around 250 - 260 miles. Then the third day would be down to your starting point.

We're driving up Friday morning also. We are doing a two day ride starting Saturday from Motel Bernieres, near Quebec City, out to Riviere du Loup for an overnight and then back to Bernieres Sunday.

Jack & Sandi

Hi Jack, we are planning on driving up Sunday morning to Montmagny, can you let know how the snow conditions are when you arrive there Friday?

We are going to stay at the Universal in RDL. I think there is a public computer I can use in the lobby. I'll post if there is.

Jack

Universal does have computers under the steps...Have a good ride.