Lanaudiere/Mauricie pics ride-report 9 march 2013

towing

Just my Opinion ... I had warm temps last week and trials were in Amazing Conditions ! I guess I got lucky with the nigh-time temps and the area I road in..... I loved the Weather ... :p ...

If La Tuque is closed then so much for 355 and 73 in that area.

Thanks for the update i was looking yesterday myself. We aren't coming up until Tuesday but the weather temps looks good.

I'm dissapointed that they quit grooming so soon. I can understand areas south but not the northern areas. I remember riding from Shawinigan about 4 yrs ago or so in April.

Went up there for a 3 day ride and everything was perfect. Now we are only midway through March and they quit. That is dissappointing

I'm dissapointing too but i'm not a reference, i'm dissapointed to stop even if it's in late april :crazy:

I should sleep in Parent tomorroy night, will bring back some pics...

Lionel at la Glaciere says reports from riders are good, they got 2 inches of snow Tuesday and he believes groomers will be out Friday night and Sunday night.

Mark

We will start from there tomorroy morning... kanawata is supposed to have groomed too

thx for the grooming pics alain !!

great pics of water falls !!!

jean-guy

Hope to be able to pics some others groomers on the trails this weekend... would be good for us!!!

March is touch and go for grooming, all depends on the temperature in the evenings, above freezing the skid will just made snow balls. The clubs are either usually making the right decision for this time of year or they are running low in funds and need to keep some for maintenance and fall preparation.

I personnal don't care too much to ride on soft sloppy snow conditions, even if i can do it in a t-shirt and no gloves. Spring sledding usually can bring more damage than pleasure.

In my world snowmobiling is cold temps hard packed surfaces and a little snow dust blowing in the wind on a blue jay day, but thats my opion.

JG

X2 Jean-Guy. My sentiments exactly. Cold hard pack with a little 1-3" pow pow on top is heaven!

Tom

I love cold trail condition but also like alot spring one... as for damage, never had any other than a bit of mud in the skid, early season riding is alot worst for damaging something, but we are so happy to ride that we pass over it...

Just my Opinion ... I had warm temps last week and trials were in Amazing Conditions ! I guess I got lucky with the nigh-time temps and the area I road in..... I loved the Weather ... :p ...

I ride at 18C and it was crazy funny!!! alot more than at -38C... The worst thing to encounter for me is freezing rain... get crazy at scratching the visor to try to see something...

Alain

From what i've read there's still 2+ feet of snow. It was warmer at the end of January than it will be this weekend/early next week. I've had some of the best riding in late March/very early April and it was 17F which is cold enough. My concern is the grooming seems to be stopping sooner and sooner each year. I know that day we rode back to Safari on April 1st we passed groomers and it wasn't a freak year. I'm not suggesting riding on stones but just because it's march doesn't make it spring conditons, it still gets cold out and there calling for 15cm on tuesday. That is not slush, that's snow.

Have had some our best rides in March in Quebec, but I guess it depends on the clubs and money. One year we were riding just east of Shawinagan in mid March, came to a road crossing and no stop sign. Onward we go and intersection signs gone. Good thing we knew area or it could have been a long day. We thought they may have had a week or two of riding left, but they thought different.

Awesome pictures. Reminds me of the great cheeseburger I had at Coin Lavigne on February 6. I rode from St Donat and the temp that morning was -13f and a cheeseburger and hot chocolate never tasted better!