St-Zenon/Parent photo ride-report 16-17 march 2013

towing

At the next intersection ,trail come back very wide and fast

DSC08112_zps307f3a86.jpg

The pics does not do justice to this section which was among the best I've done this year

DSC08116_zps163bfb89.jpg

DSC08127_zps3d1284bf.jpg

My partners took the lead to make their engine sing a bit and I lost them for few miles...

DSC08132_zps64915efa.jpg

until shortly before arriving at the Manouanne where we stopped for dinner. My partners looking at me a little sideways when I stopped there. They just read creamery on the banner! In fact there is not much choice because this is the only restaurant open in the village, but we had a good meal. The other restaurant la Reserve is closed this year.

DSC08148_zps79c4e71e.jpg

We then went to fill up at the uncommon village store. Carlito look grids all around with a worried look ... I reassure him that it was because of the bears…loll . It is still worth it because the gas was a $1.42 instead of $ 1.80 in outfitting

DSC08150_zpsd36167c2.jpg

We then returned on the #33 to the east is still beautiful to Repos

DSC08156_zps581efe89.jpg

South from Repos there was some bumps in few curves but still beautiful

DSC08162_zps892ba308.jpg

DSC08167_zps6f67c8dd.jpg

DSC08171_zps50b5f633.jpg

We take a break at the Gilardo dam

DSC08176_zpsd7177c19.jpg

The water frozen and made a curtain of ice throughout the tree trunk

DSC08183_zpsa4ba90a1.jpg

Back on the saddle to #360

DSC08189_zps70cf35e2.jpg

DSC08190_zpsf6d7bb38.jpg

The dozer that was down on the edge of the trail on Saturday was no longer there and the trail was freshly groomed from this place

DSC08201_zpsfc88ad20.jpg

From the #360junction there were strange tracks in the trail ...

DSC08202_zps6e915dd9.jpg

Between the junction for the new bridge and Taureau dam on the #360, we passed this unusual convoy

DSC08204_zps6d13764d.jpg

Yes, the broken dozer recovery team: A large Volvo truck 6 wheels drive (used in quarries) pulling a trailer containing the dead body

DSC08206_zps9179dc69.jpg

DSC08207_zps6aac0c84.jpg

Wow!!! I don’t know how many tons it weighs, but it does not sink in the trail at all !!! even when climbing hills ... it gives you an idea how the trails are hard!! Incredible .... It was preceded by a large Case backhoe and a snowmobile flagman ahead. The convoy was traveling up to the dam and then turned west to reach the road near CanadAventure ... a very big ride for this kind of conveys on a trail, really impressive

DSC08209_zpseead897d.jpg

Edited by towing

We continued our way to the dam. Here we see the Mattawin river ahead

DSC08211_zpse97d0135.jpg

Near the dam, another dozer caming from the #360 west

DSC08215_zps9a18c98d.jpg

We took break at the foot of the dam

DSC08218_zpsca833ef8.jpg

Taureau reservoir level is already low

DSC08221_zpsa129f7a1.jpg

Carlito

DSC08220_zps22c1d2c8.jpg

The trail between the #345 junction and the Cabanon suffered from traffic and was particularly ruff, suspensions worked hard. The trail between the Cabanon and La Glacière was better

DSC08239-1_zps8a48ca0d.jpg

Except the last small stretch before La Glacière which was also due to be groomed

DSC08248_zps100490ac.jpg

The adventure ended on Sunday around 18:30 when we returned to our starting point with 505miles for the 2 days. No badluck, just fun and beautiful trails set apart the last little bit. Probably my best season’s ride

I would also like to thanks Carlito and Steph having accompanied us thus making possible the realization of this trip for us. Your presence and good humor made this trip for me and krikri most memorable ... Thank you!

Alain

Gates do to bears quick thiking thank you for your tme and photo's sir

Thank you rmk! it was a joke to laugh a bit...it is impressive the first time you see the store door and windows also covered with those steel grids, it looks like a bunker!

I repost the last pics that were not displayed... all you be ok now

Alain

Edited by towing

Spectacular trip report as always Alain! Many of those pictures you took were along the same route I took this past February with Andyman, Timbo and crew. Looks like conditions were incredible. The longer hours of daylight and a little warmer temps make riding this time of year some of the best.

Man, that report just sealed the season on a spectacular note. For some reason, my throttle thumb started twitching about half way thru the posts!

WOW!

That Attak looks cool with the red painted side panels.

Oh and the trail conditions look very nice too.

Yes actionjack, Carlito's apex looks really cool and he is really proud of it 8) . The side panels perfectly matched with the hood and the 2 walker evans shocks on the front make his sled very cool and distinctive in the bunch

DSC08175_zpsae2dec90.jpg

BEAUTYFULL TRAILS AND LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS HAD GREAT FUN . LIKE USUAL GREAT PHOTOS AND REPORT ALAIN . HOPE TO RIDE WITH YOU ONE DAY.

Thank you grumpysanta! It's late for this season but let's stay in touch for the next season...

Spectacular trip report as always Alain! Many of those pictures you took were along the same route I took this past February with Andyman, Timbo and crew. Looks like conditions were incredible. The longer hours of daylight and a little warmer temps make riding this time of year some of the best.

Thank you Steven, i'm glad you enjoyed!! You are right with the daylight. Even I like to ride at night, riding up to 6 and 7 pm under daylight is very very nice and we got the chance that all the stars lineup to give us a perfect ride..lucky we are.

Man, that report just sealed the season on a spectacular note. For some reason, my throttle thumb started twitching about half way thru the posts!

Loll !!! season's is not over for me... just ride an other 269 miles this wekend and I hope for some more 8) stay tune for the report tomorroy...

:drinks:

Alain