Garmin Monterra

182ray

Waaayyyy cool. I am kinda pissed, however. I just replaced my trusty old 276C with a Montana 650 T. Oh well, they say the Monterra fits the same handlebar mount . :nea:

Well you do like running 2 GPS right?

I was kinda hoping to get away from that, Ray. It's a tad distracting occassionally............. and I get bug-eyed trying to look at the topo map on one and the qc trail map on the other. :search:

I was kinda hoping to get away from that, Ray. It's a tad distracting occassionally............. and I get bug-eyed trying to look at the topo map on one and the qc trail map on the other. :search:

Ok one eye on the topo one eye on the QC map......how do you watch the trail? lol is that why you bring Thad?

Ok one eye on the topo one eye on the QC map......how do you watch the trail? lol is that why you bring Thad?

Damnbetcha! Even though he generally rides sweep, he rides so close on my bumper that I can tell by the chatter of his skis when it's time to turn-in to set up for a corner. I must admit, however that method is best for big, wide, sweepers :shock: I know it is a close held secret, but I do occassionally explore the jing-weed and the pucker-brush with this method, but rarely encounter the new-growth timber 8) .

Damnbetcha! Even though he generally rides sweep, he rides so close on my bumper that I can tell by the chatter of his skis when it's time to turn-in to set up for a corner. I must admit, however that method is best for big, wide, sweepers :shock: I know it is a close held secret, but I do occassionally explore the jing-weed and the pucker-brush with this method, but rarely encounter the new-growth timber 8) .

You Guys must be talking about a different Thad then I have rode with..... I rode with Mario.

BTW when you say he rides close on your bumper is that because you carry a short tow rope?

Stay out of the new-growth timber!!

:drinks:

Sometimes I close my eyes...when I hear the puckers on the right I go left...when I hear them on the left I go right...when I hear them in front I pin it :crazy:

You Guys must be talking about a different Thad then I have rode with..... I rode with Mario.

BTW when you say he rides close on your bumper is that because you carry a short tow rope?

Stay out of the new-growth timber!!

:drinks:

I've heard of push trucks...maybe a push sled

Sometimes I close my eyes...when I hear the puckers on the right I go left...when I hear them on the left I go right...when I hear them in front I pin it :crazy:

Excellent! That is a long-proven approach to big mileage trail riding. If you want to do 300 - 350mi days you need a well proven strategy.

I've heard of push trucks...maybe a push sled