4 day ride Zenon, Roberval, Sacre-Coeur, Chicoutimi

600IQHO

This ride ended up completely unplanned. After originally planning on a western loop, we decided to do the Gaspe 3 weeks ago. After the recent North east storms it was decided to go back to a western loop. Did not want to encounter risky or closed trails in the Gaspe.

After meeting up on Saturday and doing an afternoon ride, it was suddenly decided we would go east in the morning.

Day 1

We take the 345 from Le Cabanon to the M20 (first time on it, great trail). Then to 360 to River Mattawin and up the 355 to 73 to La Tuque for lunch. Our destination was Relay 22, but at lunch we changed plans again and chose to head to Roberval. So we back tracked a few miles back down 73 and back on 355 north to 83 and 373 to Chateau Roberval. Love this place I will be back. All trails today between a 7 & 10. 318 miles.

Day 2

373 north to 3 different locals trails and on to 93 to 367 to 93 and back onto 367 to 368 to 93 to Sacre-Coeur. Spent the night at the Coronet. Nice place rooms a little small but the place is extremely clean. Had lunch at Chappel and a couple miles after Chappel the trail was bad for about 5 miles then it was SWEEEEEET all the way to the Coranet. 245 miles.

Day 3

3 to Tadoussac took the ferry across. Trail 3 to 83 to local 54 to 378 to Clearmont to local 64 to 3. Jumped on the local trail to L'Anse Saint-jean for fuel. 383 west to to 83 to Chicoutimi to the Sagueneenne. Good trails again today. 224 miles

Day 4

We decided to combine day 4 & 5. Day 5 was going to be a short day anyway.

83 to 368 to 23. 368 was in need of a groomer. 23 south was groomed and I made the first tracks on it. This trail was also sweet, down to Mont Apica for gas. Skipped Le Tape and headed for St Raymond. 124 mile run, got to the Yamaha dealer for gas and no Chris and no Apex. Apex was good for 123 miles on a tank not 124.

Jumped on 73 north to to 353 to 351 and back on 23 to Le Cabanon.

When we pulled into the Corral Sharon was ready to kill me. After Sunday she did not want to do over 300 miles again.

Today 353 miles.

Overall it was a good ride with most trails between a 7 & 10. We all really enjoyed the ride on the ferry 1st for both myself & Sharon.

Total was 1217 miles for just a little over 4 days.

Edited by 600IQHO

Sweet. Great run. Nice overnight stops i like em all.

The best trips are the ones where you put it together on the go. Planning is nice improvising and changing things up is better.

Sharon you are a keeper 353 miles, right on girl. You go. Nice.

Sounds like a good trip Dave, should have stopped at L'tape when someone runs out it always wastes way more time than it would have took to top off. The other thing to consider is if one sled would have died on the way to St. Ray it would have took alot more gas to tow. All in all sounds like an excellent trip, you better start taking better care of your wife or your best riding partner might quit on you LOL

Sweet. Great run. Nice overnight stops i like em all.

The best trips are the ones where you put it together on the go. Planning is nice improvising and changing things up is better.

Sharon you are a keeper 353 miles, right on girl. You go. Nice.

She is keeper! We both beat our personal best of 345 back in 04.

Sounds like a good trip Dave, should have stopped at L'tape when someone runs out it always wastes way more time than it would have took to top off. The other thing to consider is if one sled would have died on the way to St. Ray it would have took alot more gas to tow. All in all sounds like an excellent trip, you better start taking better care of your wife or your best riding partner might quit on you LOL

Thought about stopping, but Chris thought he was good. Did not make much of a difference he ran out so close it only took about 10 extra minutes to get him to the pump.

These are great confidence builders when you get past 120mi on an Apex:

http://rotopax.com/All-Products/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmRqWNvvUxg

You want to build confidence try a 900 ACE for a bag trip. I had close to 5 gallons left after 124 miles. But the cans are a good idea.

We skip Le-Tape too, nice ride!

Thanks!