A tale of a Different Trail.

iceman

" AMERICAN LOGGERS " ON DISCOVERY CHANNEL . ITS BEEN ON FOR ABOUT 3 SEASONS I THINK, SHOULD BE BACK ON SOON

Yes that's right Grumpy I've seen the show a couple times I think the family running the trucks are the Montpelliers I remember this 'cause the Americans pronounce the name much different than the Quebecers.

Yes that's right Grumpy I've seen the show a couple times I think the family running the trucks are the Montpelliers I remember this 'cause the Americans pronounce the name much different than the Quebecers.

Its the Pelletier's the family name of the Logging Company.

Here....

http://www.americanloggers.com/index.php?id=32

Edited by iceman

A friend of mine who lives in Millinocket, who I ride a lot with and went to see the "Groomer" with last March, built the American Logger restaurant for the Pelletiers in town. You can google the "golden road" (good reading). They built the road so they didnt have to float the logs to the Mill in Millinocket on all the lakes and rivers in the wilderness. The paper mill in Millinocket was the biggest paper mill in the world @ one time. It is being totally dismantled ( except the hyro generating) and scrapped. They all ride, I rode with the "Kids" (all have MT sleds) this winter out in the middle of know where. Only because we could get fuel at the logging camps @ Telos + Baker Lake in the wilderness. Viper 2, FYI, Irving Oil (NB) is in the owner of that land you were on, in that part of Maine. Irving has huge tracks of land in NB they control logging operations on. You ride through them crossing through northern NB.

A friend of mine who lives in Millinocket, who I ride a lot with and went to see the "Groomer" with last March, built the American Logger restaurant for the Pelletiers in town. You can google the "golden road" (good reading). They built the road so they didnt have to float the logs to the Mill in Millinocket on all the lakes and rivers in the wilderness. The paper mill in Millinocket was the biggest paper mill in the world @ one time. It is being totally dismantled ( except the hyro generating) and scrapped. They all ride, I rode with the "Kids" (all have MT sleds) this winter out in the middle of know where. Only because we could get fuel at the logging camps @ Telos + Baker Lake in the wilderness. Viper 2, FYI, Irving Oil (NB) is in the owner of that land you were on, in that part of Maine. Irving has huge tracks of land in NB they control logging operations on. You ride through them crossing through northern NB.

Thanks for the info the guy we rent the house from on Long Lake is a Pelletier and he is a brother to the loggers. I did see some signs up in the Allegash with Irving on them