Gaspe trip March 23-30 conditions please

Shane

Myself, Phil, angry Dom and maybe Paul and 2 others are planning to make the loop, I would assume with a traverse through the Chic Chocs. Are conditions likely to remain good with continued grooming through then, considering temps are supposed to remain cool? Thanks for the input!

That is a long way off, however I would say with snow levels where they are today barring a major melt you should be good. Keep in mind the chances of making a loop using the South shore at the time of year are much less.

Jackstraw, I thought you guys were going with us?

What was the joke about mxz700?

Krikri and I just coming back from a trip there. We had started from Mont-Joli rode the north side/Murdoch/Percé/Chandler/Murdoch/La Cache and came back to Mont-Joli on the norh side.

There's alot snow and it will still left alot in those dates but depending the weather, it is the locals trails to get services in the village that may give you some troubles. I would tell you to maximize your time in the middle on the Chic-Chocs in place from around the péninsula, but you will have to verify for the chic-choc trail between Murdoch and La Cache: we encounter a 3 miles long plowed sanded road this week there... it was ok for us but it may give some problems for a spring ride...

good luck

Alain

Towing!! I hate myself!! I'm sorry I didn't hunt you down!!

Two of us just did the Gaspesie loop and we were in Perce for lunch one day and I saw a Vector/Venture and I said: "Hey, I know a guy who has a sled like that with the bubble trunk box and the spot/GPS bracket on the handlebars, but doesn't ride out this way".

Then we got sidetracked when we pulled out to the gas next door to Auberge Roland and the pumps were wrapped in plastic and the station was closed up tight. Good thing for Jean-Pierre and his above ground tank (and hot chocolate & soup)!

Then we went to the end of town by the fire station to see where we could drop onto the ice for the photo "under" the rock, but we didn't see any tracks.

And when the tourism guy said that the ice that was on the south side had gone back out to sea (and the rescue guys wouldn't like to get cold & wet pulling us out of the water) we just settled for the Team Iceman shot from the end of the Rue du Quai pier.

Jackstraw, I thought you guys were going with us?

What was the joke about mxz700?

I AM?

I knew me and Eric where going. Apparently Phil1 is back in the game with a new ride for the end of season "OFF TRAIL SPECTACULAR FINALE"!!

Looking forward to it. Hope you can make it, As for the joke? if you didn't get it then you missed a few threads this season

Towing!! I hate myself!! I'm sorry I didn't hunt you down!!

Two of us just did the Gaspesie loop and we were in Perce for lunch one day and I saw a Vector/Venture and I said: "Hey, I know a guy who has a sled like that with the bubble trunk box and the spot/GPS bracket on the handlebars, but doesn't ride out this way".

Then we got sidetracked when we pulled out to the gas next door to Auberge Roland and the pumps were wrapped in plastic and the station was closed up tight. Good thing for Jean-Pierre and his above ground tank (and hot chocolate & soup)!

Then we went to the end of town by the fire station to see where we could drop onto the ice for the photo "under" the rock, but we didn't see any tracks.

And when the tourism guy said that the ice that was on the south side had gone back out to sea (and the rescue guys wouldn't like to get cold & wet pulling us out of the water) we just settled for the Team Iceman shot from the end of the Rue du Quai pier.

Maybe it was me, too bad we miss you. We slept at the Cooper in Murdoch last monday night and were in Percé Tuesday noon. For fuel if you have the chance the next time go to Barachoi which is a bit norther than Percé. We did and got the chance to see the rock from the other side, a bit far but still nice view...

Krikri was deceived too to not be able to go near the rock... with the deep cold we would had think the ice would still been good but obviously it was not the case... The glare ice was not tempting so we settle for the pier view and the mountain view from behind the church who were very nice.

We had not seen your iceman sticker on the pier but seen one on a refuge door on the Chic-Choc trail the next day...

Alain