Canadienne in Temescaming?

gizz

Anyone ever start from here? Wondering if my truck and trailer are safe here (always with precautions). We would be coming up through buffalo and North Bay so looking for the closest place in Quebec to start from for a 4 day run starting Sunday.

We had a great trip however I lost my phone so no pics!

We ended up just staying in a cabin at mekoos for whole trip. Never really rode the local trails in that area and they were all perfect. Most of the time we were the only tracks on the freshly groomed trails. Not sure how they did that but everything, and I mean everything was groomed flat and wide. Very cold for March except for the last day. Mekoos is second to none! They treated us like guests and the food was spectacular. The owner even had the chef cook us some of his personal Moose, Pheasant, and Red Deer for an appetizer the last night. We didn't do huge miles but we were all pretty much ear to ear smiles on those trails. Issue is that some places are closed during the week so it's making it a little tricky trying to get from place to place due to fuel. Club Scott is closed for the season and from what we heard maybe not open at all next year. We were going to do a 2 hour dog sled trip the end of the last day but the Musher had an issue and had to cancel at the last minute so we still have that on our list of things to do! If anyone sees a phone on the trail let me know :search:

So anyways we didn't make it West but from what we rode I can't imagine we missed too much! I couldn't expect better conditions, let alone for Mid March. there's still plenty to be had for anyone looking to get another trip in.

Sounds like you guys had a great trip. Mekoos is a great place, love those cabins. On a side note I have rode the west and started from North Bay and New Liskeard many times. Makes the drive shorter. Did you loose a iPhone by any chance?

Interested in some details on North Bay if you get some time. PM me and i'll give you an email.

No Iphone, it was a razr MaxHD. likely somewhere between the yellow Cell Signal signs and Mekoos.

Are you still on the Polaris? I took my 2009 S/B up for a friend and my 1200.