gaz a percé !!!

groomer

N SERGERIE

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:46

UPDATE Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:50

After weeks of uncertainty, snowmobilers who will go to Percé this winter will refuel, with a temporary solution used again by hôtellier.

"City Council has agreed to give me a permit," says the owner of the table Rolland, Jean-Pierre Lepage.

The case was more complex to set this year in response to complaints.

"Natural Resources and Building Board went nose in there. There had been some complaints. After the changes, they handed me a valid until March 25, "Mr. Lepage.

For a third consecutive winter, Mr. Lepage install an above ground tank of 4500 liters to meet the needs of snowmobilers.

"No gas in Percé, snowmobiles do not come. There are 44 kilometers to be able to fill in Grande-Rivière, the track does not circulating near Highway 132, "illustrates the restaurant.

For him, the period of the snowmobile is very important.

"This is my lifesaver winter, otherwise I'd be closed. The six big weeks snowmobiling are as important as the big six weeks of traffic in the summer. do you even lift

relief

At the Office of Percé tourism, we welcome this news with great relief.

"Absolutely, this is very good news. Corner of stakeholders are delighted, "said the director, Marie Leblanc.

jean-guy

Roland is a businessman working hard to make sure snowmobilers have gas. Yes it is advantageous to him, that is the main reason he is doing this. However we have to support his business by staying over night, buying meals, or even just gas. Should Roland close up in the winter the next thing would be no support for the club and the groomer would stop going into Perce, and we don't won't that to happen.

Absolutely!! Even if this isn't an often trip visit, it is always a memorable one. We stayed there in 2003 and remember it well. Didn't make it there last Gaspesie trip, 2011, 600 e-tec pin fell out of grenade between Gaspe and Perce. (all 1200's now). We would really like to make it back there again, tho.

• 2 weeks later...

Woo hoo! That is a righteous dude.

What a bummer rolling down into town on fumes, around the back of his place, out to the gas station pumps SHRINK WRAPPED IN PLASTIC?!

What a pleasure moseying into his place for lunch and figure out plan B, and Jean-Pierre gives us that pas de probleme smile.

For sure he earned his Team Iceman sticker on the tank!