BAD START TO SEASON

grumpysanta

POOR LITTLE GIRL LOSES LIFE AND THEN HEAD TO HEAD CRASH ON LAKE WITH 2 SLEDS FOUR PEOPLE LEAVES ONE DEAD . NO HELMETS AND POSS. DRINKING INVOLVED . THEN YESTERDAY 4 SLEDDERS GO THRU THE ICE IN ONTARIO .. whats up with this , not good for the sport or the people. ride safe..

The whole mentality that "no one can tell me that I can't have a drink and ride....." is just an excuse. If one cannot wait to drink until the ride is done, well then they have a dependency problem! So terribly sad. I am just thankful that no innocent people were hurt or worse as a result of these selfish actions. PLEASE PEOPLE..... drink until your hearts content, just wait until you are in for the night!

Agree 100% Shane. I have had numerous arguments with people about this. This is one reason I will not take my wife and kids to Canada to ride. I know that's a little extreme but when you walk into a relay in the middle of the day, even mornings and 3/4 of the guys in there have the table full of beer bottles, one has to wonder the possible outcome. The speeds that are the norm up here makes it even that much worse under the influence. I love to pound down my share when I get to the room but, I for one, will not drink one drop during riding time. People have to realize even if someone else causes your accident, if you were drinking, you will pay.

Condolenses to the families involved in these tragic accidents. It's just ashame that more people don't learn from these occurances.

Just curious, does anyone know the penalties for sledding under the influance? Does it go against your drivers liscence? Is it an automatic impound? Is it retro active back to your home state? To me, the way it looks inside the relays at times, there must not be any penalties.

Agree 100% Shane. I have had numerous arguments with people about this. This is one reason I will not take my wife and kids to Canada to ride. I know that's a little extreme but when you walk into a relay in the middle of the day, even mornings and 3/4 of the guys in there have the table full of beer bottles, one has to wonder the possible outcome. The speeds that are the norm up here makes it even that much worse under the influence. I love to pound down my share when I get to the room but, I for one, will not drink one drop during riding time. People have to realize even if someone else causes your accident, if you were drinking, you will pay.

Condolenses to the families involved in these tragic accidents. It's just ashame that more people don't learn from these occurances.

Just curious, does anyone know the penalties for sledding under the influance? Does it go against your drivers liscence? Is it an automatic impound? Is it retro active back to your home state? To me, the way it looks inside the relays at times, there must not be any penalties.

Yah, this only happens in Canada. Holly shit are you ever miss guided or stupid.

If you have ever been to Tug Hill on a weekend you may have a different perception of Quebec. While it's inexcusable anywhere anytime, I feel per capita, Quebec isn't any different than anywhere else......With the vast trail system and limited daily traffic I like my odds.

A good philosophy we typically use on any trip to reduce risk is to assume a drunk jackass is coming your way on any corner or blind hill and the closer you are to a city/town > # jackasses!

Just my two cents!

BJ

WOW , NEVER HEARD THAT ABOUT QUEBEC . IN ALMOST 40 YEARS OF SLEDDING .. BUT I AM SURE THERE IS SOME ESP. AT NITE BUT TO SUGGEST only here is just stupid . I HAVE HEARD THAT N.B. IS BAD FOR THAT but i am not suggesting it the only place for sure . I leave my drinking to supper time when i am relaxing .. just my 2 cents