Lac-Edwardo

Phil 1

Due to our unscheduled trip South thru Lac-Edwardo we discovered a few things. Le Gouland looked like it was not open. There was a sign will return at 6:30 and there was a dog barking inside but we were unwilling to wait that long. We heard that they offered rooms but no food or bar. We went to Gite D'Edouard but Nicole was full. She called a new B & B Le Presbytere de Lac-Edwardo, they had room. Louis and Nathalie have purchased the parsonage at the Presbyterian church just South of the rail station on main St., they provided us with a very nice dinner, breakfast at the time of our choice and run of the house. It was a very reasonable $70.00 with meals. Lou had us back our sleds into a canvas garage. There is also a new general store on Rue Principale again just south of the train station, they have a bit of everything including beer and wine. It is also a gas station with street prices.

The 355 was groomed to perfection and a new inch of snow over night provided lubrication. Just South of Lac Bouchette trail was a little narrow with sticks popping up but it got better quickly. The logging seemed to be stopped as when we got to 73 the barricade was at the side of the trail so I believe you can pass without using LT2 but since we went North and used LT-1 I cannot confirm. The LT-1 was just groomed and we were first to pass it is also a real gem. Onto 355 the pipe line we can conform that it is poor and needs more snow. Lots of rock banging. For what it is worth...

Edited by Phil 1

After reading the topic I thought of that area. I started using that way 15 or so years back. My conclusion is that area including the park is probably one of my top 2 rides. Used to ride it alone often. I've also thought back on that trail as a center of peace no matter what arm pit of the world I was in at the time. Odd

Any one else care to share.

I got a Love-Hate relationship with the 355 from Lac Edouard. When its good it's great. When it's bad it's a long long way to think about it. I do think it is a great trail and I certainly prefer it to many others. Especially the 73 from La Tuque to 22. Just don't like that run. If I must go that way I will but usually under protest.

Edited by iceman

I got a Love-Hate relationship with the 355 from Lac Edouard. When its good it's great. When it's bad it's a long long way to think about it. I do think it is a great trail and I certainly prefer it to many others. Especially the 73 from La Tuque to 22. Just don't like that run. If I must go that way I will but usually under protest.[/quote

I feel the same with r22. Generally I jump on the hard road and by pass the last 10 miles into r22.

Yup.

I got a Love-Hate relationship with the 355 from Lac Edouard. When its good it's great. When it's bad it's a long long way to think about it. I do think it is a great trail and I certainly prefer it to many others. Especially the 73 from La Tuque to 22. Just don't like that run. If I must go that way I will but usually under protest.

I liked the year there was a connector trail from 355 to 23 over to L'Etape. The connector wasn't to far north of Lac Edouard. It was an option.

Jack & Sandi

Still there Jack was used but not groomed.

post-51-0-00897100-1455147790_thumb.jpg

That new store/ gas station in Lac Edouard is really nice and there is some sort museum. Had a neat carved Moose antler in there but not too easy to get it home