1235 miles in 4 days, 1/16 - 1/19...

Phil 1

Left from St. Michael-de-saints because it is secure & closer. Would rather be on sled than in truck.

1st day rode to Clova 360, 345, then a local trail they just opened, to 83. Once out of St Michael area trails were all good.

2nd day from Clova to Chibogamau. 50 klicks West of Clova 83 is CLOSED due to forest fire of this past Summer. We had to detour with directions from an outfitter at the spot trail closed. Rode on road for about 30 miles to Lac Fallon (sp) then Quad Trail 70 to Senneterre & got back on 83.

3rd day Chibogamau to Lac Edouard, trails on West side of Lac St Jean, from St Fellicien to Roberval were thin wind blown & boney, by far the least snow of the trip.

4th day Lac Edouard back to St Michael.

GO and ride the Quebec riding has recovered from the rain and is waiting for use.

Most places were A+ with plenty of coverage and all were groomed...

2nd day from Clova to Chibogamau. 50 klicks West of Clova 83 is CLOSED due to forest fire of this past Summer. We had to detour with directions from an outfitter at the spot trail closed. Rode on road for about 30 miles to Lac Fallon (sp) then Quad Trail 70 to Senneterre & got back on 83.

Thanks for the heads up

How is this stretch overall? Owner of Auberge Clova (Dominic) has posted last week on a Québec board about 83 being opened east to west.Never said a word about that detour

So once you get to Balbuzard Sauvage,you take the plowed road to Lac Faillon?? Sandy???

Then the atv trail from Lac Faillon to Senneterre?? how it looked like??

Mid Range we never saw anything about closing till we got to the trail and there had been no one on it. I don't rember the name of outfitter (Balbuzard Sauvage) where we turned back but it is obvious when U get there. Basically rode the drive to main road to Lac Fallion and got gas & rode Quad trail 70 to Senneterre. I broke trail for about 20 klicks then it was groomed overall that trail was very good and no 4 wheelers had been on it.

smclean...83 is closed for a stretch...

Mid Range we never saw anything about closing till we got to the trail and there had been no one on it. I don't rember the name of outfitter (Balbuzard Sauvage) where we turned back but it is obvious when U get there. Basically rode the drive to main road to Lac Fallion and got gas & rode Quad trail 70 to Senneterre. I broke trail for about 20 klicks then it was groomed overall that trail was very good and no 4 wheelers had been on it.

one thing to understand in that area.We are using ATV trail during winter time and you saw ATV sign but you actually were on TQ 83.

Anyways thanks Phil I will call in Clova ASAP.....Like I said above.Dominic the owner of Auberge Clova has posted this past friday saying 83 was open.Maybe it was not groomed yet when you got there.

The outfitter we talk to that gave us directions around told us it was closed...we went a short way down that section and there were washouts & trees down...

Be interested in what they say when you call, let us know...

Left from St. Michael-de-saints because it is secure & closer. Would rather be on sled than in truck.

1st day rode to Clova 360, 345, then a local trail they just opened, to 83. Once out of St Michael area trails were all good.

3rd day Chibogamau to Lac Edouard, trails on West side of Lac St Jean, from St Fellicien to Roberval were thin wind blown & boney, by far the least snow of the trip.

4th day Lac Edouard back to St Michael.

GO and ride the Quebec riding has recovered from the rain and is waiting for use.

Most places were A+ with plenty of coverage and all were groomed...

Nice trip, man those are some long days eh?

Sno: Yea but worth it. Had never done that loop and it was fun. The 93 from Senn... to Chub was so fast it helped a lot on the 400 mile day.

Just talked with Dominic in Clova over the phone...Here's the breakdown.

business as usual from Clova to Balbuzard Sauvage.

From Balbuzard you must take the road for 20 kilometers til Forsythe

From Forsythe you go back on the usual trail

Merci Mid Range

10-4

Just talked with Dominic in Clova over the phone...Here's the breakdown.

business as usual from Clova to Balbuzard Sauvage.

From Balbuzard you must take the road for 20 kilometers til Forsythe

From Forsythe you go back on the usual trail

• 4 weeks later...