Sled Rental Experience....

VTrider

I am sledless for the first time in many years, . I was wondering if any one has info on sled rentals in QC. I am looking to ride for about a week. What does it generally cost to rent for a week of riding, approx 150-200 miles per day? I usually ride in Mt. Valins and the Shawiningan areas. Any one have experience with this? And what outfit did you rent from? thanks...

I am sledless for the first time in many years, . I was wondering if any one has info on sled rentals in QC. I am looking to ride for about a week. What does it generally cost to rent for a week of riding, approx 150-200 miles per day? I usually ride in Mt. Valins and the Shawiningan areas. Any one have experience with this? And what outfit did you rent from? thanks...

I bring a group of 4 or 5 every year who have rentedfrom various locations. Look for ones that are unlimited mileage. Dion moto in st raymond is very good as well as one in shawinagin that the name escapes right now, but it is next to motel des10

Hi VTRider

Check with Evasion Sport D. R. They rent AC's and Yamaha's. They are located on Rt 170 in La Baie, about 8-10 miles from the HI. Nice people to deal with. I've had alot of people rent sleds off them with out any problems. Web site is www.evasion-sport.com It is owned by a husband and wife, his name is Denis and her's is Jacinthe. Tell them I sent you, you will be treated right. Dionmoto in St Raymond is also a great place, like BOBLER said. I met the owner of Dionmoto one very very cold morning at the HI. A guy was having problems starting his 4 cycle SD. He came out in the cold and helped the guy out. He was up there because his son was in a hockey game, he wasn't up riding. He was in his street clothes when he came out to help the guy. Not many guys would do that. I then found out he was the 3rd largest SD dealer in Quebec. Hats off to a guy like that.BillHi VTRiderCheck with Evasion Sport D. R. They rent AC's and Yamaha's. They are located on Rt 170 in La Baie, about 8-10 miles from the HI. Nice people to deal with. I've had alot of people rent sleds off them with out any problems. Web site is www.evasion-sport.com It is owned by a husband and wife, his name is Denis and her's is Jacinthe. Tell them I sent you, you will be treated right. Dionmoto in St Raymond is also a great place, like BOBLER said. I met the owner of Dionmoto one very very cold morning at the HI. A guy was having problems starting his 4 cycle SD. He came out in the cold and helped the guy out. He was up there because his son was in a hockey game, he wasn't up riding. He was in his street clothes when he came out to help the guy. Not many guys would do that. I then found out he was the 3rd largest SD dealer in Quebec. Hats off to a guy like that.Bill

I second Bill's recommendation of Evasion Sport. I had a chain case explode on me a couple of years ago and rented a sled from them. They were a pleasure to deal with. I think it cost around $300 for two days, but I'm not positive about that.

I rented a ZI 1000 cc A/C 4 stroke from Evasion Sport D. R. It was about $250.00 for the day. Unfortunately I rolled it. They do not provide physical damage to the rented sled. I had to fork out close to $400.00 for the damage I did. This is by no means their fault, but god forbid you total a sled or it gets stolen be prepared to be able to pay for it. As far as being professional Evasion Sport D. R. was very good. I really thought the damage I did to their basically brand new sled would cost more than it did. I would look into a way to cover damage or theft before I rented again.

I actually have been thinking of not owing a sled and just rent when I go ride. I think in the long run it would be way less expensive. Ride 2 or 3 times a year and rent, no maintenence, parts, trailer. Ride to Canada in a car that gets 30 MPG...Just need to figure out the damage end.

Just my .02...

Phil

Hi VTRider

Check with Evasion Sport D. R. They rent AC's and Yamaha's. They are located on Rt 170 in La Baie, about 8-10 miles from the HI. Nice people to deal with. I've had alot of people rent sleds off them with out any problems. Web site is www.evasion-sport.com It is owned by a husband and wife, his name is Denis and her's is Jacinthe. Tell them I sent you, you will be treated right. Dionmoto in St Raymond is also a great place, like BOBLER said. I met the owner of Dionmoto one very very cold morning at the HI. A guy was having problems starting his 4 cycle SD. He came out in the cold and helped the guy out. He was up there because his son was in a hockey game, he wasn't up riding. He was in his street clothes when he came out to help the guy. Not many guys would do that. I then found out he was the 3rd largest SD dealer in Quebec. Hats off to a guy like that.BillHi VTRiderCheck with Evasion Sport D. R. They rent AC's and Yamaha's. They are located on Rt 170 in La Baie, about 8-10 miles from the HI. Nice people to deal with. I've had alot of people rent sleds off them with out any problems. Web site is www.evasion-sport.com It is owned by a husband and wife, his name is Denis and her's is Jacinthe. Tell them I sent you, you will be treated right. Dionmoto in St Raymond is also a great place, like BOBLER said. I met the owner of Dionmoto one very very cold morning at the HI. A guy was having problems starting his 4 cycle SD. He came out in the cold and helped the guy out. He was up there because his son was in a hockey game, he wasn't up riding. He was in his street clothes when he came out to help the guy. Not many guys would do that. I then found out he was the 3rd largest SD dealer in Quebec. Hats off to a guy like that.Bill

Am I seeing seeing double in here. LOL

I can't remember the name of the place where the Ice Hotel is but they rent sleds, Ski-Doo I'm pretty sure.

I'm also thinking about renting next year, I have a 7 hour drive just to get to my sled then go find snow.

I rented a ZI 1000 cc A/C 4 stroke from Evasion Sport D. R. It was about $250.00 for the day. Unfortunately I rolled it. They do not provide physical damage to the rented sled. I had to fork out close to $400.00 for the damage I did. This is by no means their fault, but god forbid you total a sled or it gets stolen be prepared to be able to pay for it. As far as being professional Evasion Sport D. R. was very good. I really thought the damage I did to their basically brand new sled would cost more than it did. I would look into a way to cover damage or theft before I rented again.

I actually have been thinking of not owing a sled and just rent when I go ride. I think in the long run it would be way less expensive. Ride 2 or 3 times a year and rent, no maintenence, parts, trailer. Ride to Canada in a car that gets 30 MPG...Just need to figure out the damage end.

Just my .02...

Phil

Bill, Phil..et al....thanks for the info. Does any one know if the extra insurance you pay to the rental co. covers damage and theft? If not...then what is the insurance charge for?

Phil....I have been running the numbers in my head also...comparing renting vs. owning and the headaches, hassles that come with it (but in reality that is some of the enjoyment with sledding...only some though, lol.) After purchasing, prep, registration, insurance, depreciation, maintenance etc, etc, etc....I think the cost per mile may actually be less if you only plan to ride in blocks of a week or so...a couple of times a year. Most of us can knock out 300 miles a day in QC...so $200 vs. 200-300 miles per day does not sound all that unreasonable??? The majority of my miles come from the 1 or 2 times that i ride in QC..typically 1000 to 1300 miles each time...depending on the length of time. Thoughts?

Bill, Phil..et al....thanks for the info. Does any one know if the extra insurance you pay to the rental co. covers damage and theft? If not...then what is the insurance charge for?

Phil....I have been running the numbers in my head also...comparing renting vs. owning and the headaches, hassles that come with it (but in reality that is some of the enjoyment with sledding...only some though, lol.) After purchasing, prep, registration, insurance, depreciation, maintenance etc, etc, etc....I think the cost per mile may actually be less if you only plan to ride in blocks of a week or so...a couple of times a year. Most of us can knock out 300 miles a day in QC...so $200 vs. 200-300 miles per day does not sound all that unreasonable??? The majority of my miles come from the 1 or 2 times that i ride in QC..typically 1000 to 1300 miles each time...depending on the length of time. Thoughts?

VT...Those R my thoughts, even though - in reality that is some of the enjoyment- it costs TIME, something I am running very short on. I have been spoiled by Quebec. I have no interest in riding in NY or PA at ALL... So that makes it a 2 or 3 trips year 5 to 7 days each. Rent a sled ride leave it behind. I don't need to own the hardware...

Plus you get to try different equipment & you might find something you need to own.

My biggiest problem is how maintenance intensive sleds are. My 05 has 10,000 miles on it, it has been ridden hard but I am on 3rd motor, 2nd track, ect, ect.

The convenience of renting is very attractive. Now we need to address the insurance issue...

Phil

I bring a group of 4 or 5 every year who have rentedfrom various locations. Look for ones that are unlimited mileage. Dion moto in st raymond is very good as well as one in shawinagin that the name escapes right now, but it is next to motel des10

Not sure what sled dealer is next to motel des 10 that i can recall....but motel des 10 is located in grand mere.