Recommended Posts

That is an awesome accomplishment Chris! There was zero doubt in my mind you would make 10,000 miles . The sticker is off my sled and ready to send.😀👍 perhaps I will stop by on my motorcycle this summer and drop it off, shower in the am and hit the road😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

That is an awesome accomplishment Chris! There was zero doubt in my mind you would make 10,000 miles . The sticker is off my sled and ready to send.😀👍 perhaps I will stop by on my motorcycle this summer and drop it off, shower in the am and hit the road😀😀

Perfect. I’ll have the steaks and grill ready. Bring Chris (Ike) too. Put him on the back and make him ride “bitch”

Edited by snowmaster2112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way you make your trip is unique and you mastered the reporting art to the next level... It make the perfect mach for epic entertaining reports!

I enjoyed each of them, thanks for having bring us along with you on your aventures this winter.  I will have pleasure to read them again in the wait of the off season...

Kristine and me wish you a very good summer!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Rolled into LeCabanon yesterday with my buddy about 1:30 with this on the odometer. All from this winter with a brand new 1200 left over. I feel EXTREMELY lucky to have been able to do this this season. Just in the “nick of time” too. It was sad leaving yesterday but the memories will last forever. Seasons come and go but THIS ONE is one that will NEVER be forgotten. It was like a cumulation of years of riding that all pulled together and enabled me to have the BEST year ever. Lifelong friendships were made and the riding was beyond spectacular. I want to give a “shout out” to all the people who made my winter so enjoyable:

”André” my soul brother in Quebec who puts up with me for going on 20 yrs. Thank you mom ami  You ARE the best

Jeff from Dansville, NY ....my BFF riding partner. I promise I will try in the future to get us in before dark. Especially when it’s 30 below

Glenn from Vermont....the guy who I have laid down the most miles with over the years. May we have many more my friend 

Kenny from Pikogan, My native soul brother who hooked me up in so many ways. Can’t wait to see you again my friend 

Jeff in Joutel for hosting my crazy ass for two nights while i assaulted the 396 trail mercilessly 

Samuel, Alex & Elphonse (half-ounce) in Miquelon for some of the CRAZIEST partying I have ever done. You guys ROCK !!

Nancy in Desmairsville for being the sweety she is. Thanks SO MUCH for your hair dryer 

Isabelle in Chapais for hooking me up with the locals and providing a GREAT place to stay

Kenny Loon in Mistissinni for the EXTREME hospitality and showing me the native culture and food

Clifford & Brian (the “Twin Towers”) from Oujé-Bougoumou for letting me camp out and have a fabulous moose steak dinner

Andre & Jeanie in Parent for having a 4 star place to stay while in town.....and letting me use your garage to work on my sled...LOL

All the peeps at the Parent depanneeur. Cynthia, Elodi, Alice, Veronica (Tony’s fiesta wife)& Karine. And Tony.....the worlds best groomer. Thanks for that 10 mile late night groomer ride brother.

Yann from Parent. One cool dude. Had a great time partying with you.

”Popper” the 40+ yr Skiddo mechanic from AB Sports in Senneterre for taking care of me multiple times

Jack and “ little girl” from Lac Faillon. You two literally made my winter. One seriously AWESOME dude

Jean-Guy from Haltaparche. This man is what Quebec is ALL ABOUT. Your hospitality is sincerely appreciated!!!!! Can’t wait to see you again my friend.

And to all the GREAT fellow QR members I got to meet and spend time with this season:

Cobra......we WILL lay down some tracks in the future 

Pipeman & Ike.....two seriously great dudes (and riders) had a BLAST hanging and riding with you guys  p.s.......that shower in Ouje was appreciated more than you know....LOL

Blueblood....we live WAY too close to not get together this summer. Fantastic dude. Bring your wife. I owe you guys a couple Captain & cokes

Je me souviens ....great guy and crew from Plattsburgh

Iceman....what a fu&* up I was. Next time I WILL wait no matter what.....LOL

Quebecbob.....your “one in a million” (maybe two).....look forward to seeing you again my friend 

But the MOST thanks goes to my wife Sandy for supporting me (and us) while I pulled this crazy stunt off. I LOVE you honey !!!!

i wish EVERYONE the VERY BEST off season and HOPE to see you all again next year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3F8DA16B-82EF-4829-8B63-4537FD9042C3.jpeg

I keep looking at this picture and I think he could of went for 11000 but he was out of gas. At least his gas light was on. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

I keep looking at this picture and I think he could of went for 11000 but he was out of gas. At least his gas light was on. Lol

If this Corona Virus shit wasn't going on and trail/establishment closings everywhere I probably would have. Again, just feel extremely lucky to have been able to do this, if only once.

Rule of thumb when your an American snowmobiler who exclusively rides in Canada. Go in with gas tanks FULL.....and leave EMPTY.....LOL...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2020 at 8:47 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

Rolled into LeCabanon yesterday with my buddy about 1:30 with this on the odometer. All from this winter with a brand new 1200 left over. I feel EXTREMELY lucky to have been able to do this this season. Just in the “nick of time” too. It was sad leaving yesterday but the memories will last forever. Seasons come and go but THIS ONE is one that will NEVER be forgotten. It was like a cumulation of years of riding that all pulled together and enabled me to have the BEST year ever. Lifelong friendships were made and the riding was beyond spectacular. I want to give a “shout out” to all the people who made my winter so enjoyable:

”André” my soul brother in Quebec who puts up with me for going on 20 yrs. Thank you mom ami  You ARE the best

Jeff from Dansville, NY ....my BFF riding partner. I promise I will try in the future to get us in before dark. Especially when it’s 30 below

Glenn from Vermont....the guy who I have laid down the most miles with over the years. May we have many more my friend 

Kenny from Pikogan, My native soul brother who hooked me up in so many ways. Can’t wait to see you again my friend 

Jeff in Joutel for hosting my crazy ass for two nights while i assaulted the 396 trail mercilessly 

Samuel, Alex & Elphonse (half-ounce) in Miquelon for some of the CRAZIEST partying I have ever done. You guys ROCK !!

Nancy in Desmairsville for being the sweety she is. Thanks SO MUCH for your hair dryer 

Isabelle in Chapais for hooking me up with the locals and providing a GREAT place to stay

Kenny Loon in Mistissinni for the EXTREME hospitality and showing me the native culture and food

Clifford & Brian (the “Twin Towers”) from Oujé-Bougoumou for letting me camp out and have a fabulous moose steak dinner

Andre & Jeanie in Parent for having a 4 star place to stay while in town.....and letting me use your garage to work on my sled...LOL

All the peeps at the Parent depanneeur. Cynthia, Elodi, Alice, Veronica (Tony’s fiesta wife)& Karine. And Tony.....the worlds best groomer. Thanks for that 10 mile late night groomer ride brother.

Yann from Parent. One cool dude. Had a great time partying with you.

”Popper” the 40+ yr Skiddo mechanic from AB Sports in Senneterre for taking care of me multiple times

Jack and “ little girl” from Lac Faillon. You two literally made my winter. One seriously AWESOME dude

Jean-Guy from Haltaparche. This man is what Quebec is ALL ABOUT. Your hospitality is sincerely appreciated!!!!! Can’t wait to see you again my friend.

And to all the GREAT fellow QR members I got to meet and spend time with this season:

Cobra......we WILL lay down some tracks in the future 

Pipeman & Ike.....two seriously great dudes (and riders) had a BLAST hanging and riding with you guys  p.s.......that shower in Ouje was appreciated more than you know....LOL

Blueblood....we live WAY too close to not get together this summer. Fantastic dude. Bring your wife. I owe you guys a couple Captain & cokes

Je me souviens ....great guy and crew from Plattsburgh

Iceman....what a fu&* up I was. Next time I WILL wait no matter what.....LOL

Quebecbob.....your “one in a million” (maybe two).....look forward to seeing you again my friend 

But the MOST thanks goes to my wife Sandy for supporting me (and us) while I pulled this crazy stunt off. I LOVE you honey !!!!

i wish EVERYONE the VERY BEST off season and HOPE to see you all again next year.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3F8DA16B-82EF-4829-8B63-4537FD9042C3.jpeg

I keep looking at this picture and I think he could of went for 11000 but he was out of gas. At least his gas light was on. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We usually get 1500 to 2000 miles a year and it's 99 percent in Quebec.  I'm more afraid of riding on tug hill than the virus.  It's just a great sport even at 30 below.  All rides in Quebec are wonderful but some are more wonderful.  Have a good summer.  Next year is not that far away.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2020 at 2:43 PM, snowmaster2112 said:

F9053F3C-8B72-4232-BB67-749A07D77B7D.jpeg

Do you mind if I ask why you mount the gps that way, rather than on the glove box?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Munson said:

Do you mind if I ask why you mount the gps that way, rather than on the glove box?

My GPS is an original Garmin Zumo 450. I'm guessing it's 10+ yrs old now. I still run 2011 Trail maps (mostly because the 2016) ones I loaded into it don't display right for some reason. Never bothered me as I like to see the changes when I'm running off what was the old trail. This unit has probably been on my last 5 sleds and countless rentals. Not to mention, my boat, truck, car and motorcylce when I had one, (too dangerous an activity for me anymore...I gave it up). It is still on the original battery (charges and holds flawlessly) and I simply can NOT kill this thing. It works in -40 weather (touch screen and all). Not ONCE has this unit EVER failed me. It has pictures, music (not that I use that anymore as I bluetooth tunes into my helmet from my Iphone) for 3 years now. My core riding buddies know that "when the day comes" ....and it will.....that the "Zumo dies" it's going to be like a "holy sacrilege" moment for me. We WILL stop wherever it is (whatever the weather is) and have a "moment of silence" and "celebration of life moment". I kid you not on this.

To answer your question:     When I first got this thing there was no such thing as a "glovebox" GPS. This unit was top of the line when I got it and the only realistic mount was a Ram and ball.

I got so used to and loved (and still do) the flexibility and mounting position options of a Ram mount that I doubt I could ever go back to something else. Yeah the new Garmins have way more features and Skidoo has implemented it into their overpriced GloveBox extension, but it's just not for me. I can move mine around to almost any place I want, at the height and distance I want with little to no problem. This year I raised the whole unit up WAY further than I have in recent years and I am very pleased with it. I run hard and fast most of the time (solo or with others I ride the same) and "glancing down" lower to see something (especially at my age) does not suit me well anymore. In fact the ONLY two things I ever glance at on my dash are "engine coolant temp" and "gas bars". I have found that my "eye" reaction time is much better, less delay if you will. 

And now Skidoo's new attraction is this new dash and integrated app's. They can keep all that bulls#%t (and their price increase) and sell it to someone else.I know where i'm going and I checked the weather (always wrong anyhow) well before I left on the trip. And if I have ANY question as to "where i'm at" or "where I need to be" i'm CONFIDENT my trusty Zumo will guide and advise me. That's all I need (or ever want) at this point of my snowmobiling trips.

The original Garmin Zumo 450/550 series STILL sell for (relatively) big bucks on eBay. That is because they were arguably the BEST (and most rugged) GPS unit ever made. Hands down.

It WAS the BEST 375.00 (got a smoking deal on eBay) that I have EVER spent in my life. (well....that and my 22 yr old Kawasaki Mule) 

I leave you with a pic I "dug up" from my 2007 Blizzard when the Zumo must have been new. Properties of pic say " March 9th 2008" I NEVER have a sled more than two seasons.My jackass buddy used to love to do this pose while we were doing trailside pit stops. 

DSCF1821.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the last 5-6 years mine has always been mounted to the glove box extension but I like the idea of having it closer - especially on trips where I know I will be relying on it, entering different destinations, switching between maps, etc. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.