Moose on the Loose

longriderss

very nice longriderss !!

you re very lucky ,99.99 % of the mooses i see ,it s during the summer .very seldom in the winter.happened only a few times.

groomer !!

It took me a long time to see a moose, I think it was 2005 we where heading west on 318 toward the Cabanon & we finally saw 2 of them on the trail. No pics till I got the camera out all I got a picture of was the ass of one of them, I have not seen any since.

It took me a LONG time to finally see one too. First one was up near St Honore near Mt Valins on an early November trip. The second time was a couple years ago north of La Cache one night on the Gaspe (it was a nightmare with deep snow and probably 15 or more of them) that held us up for hours. And this one two fridays ago inbetween Cabano and St Pamphile somewhere. Not the greatest photo, but still a moose.

It took me a long time to see a moose, I think it was 2005 we where heading west on 318 toward the Cabanon & we finally saw 2 of them on the trail. No pics till I got the camera out all I got a picture of was the ass of one of them, I have not seen any since.

i used to ride a lot in the woods to see mooses ,few thousands miles every summer .from may til late november ,early december .i got '' bored '' a bit riding always the same roads up to 50 miles east from home or 20 miles west from the faribault (trail 595 ).

i probably saw waaaaaaaaay too many ,so now i spend more time at my camp .from 00 to 05 or 06 ,saw over 4000 if n ot 4500 mooses .my best year was in 00 ,over 900 .seeing a moose for me was like seeing a rabbit for others .

08 has been the worse summer to see moose for me ,not even 200 i think .in 04 at my camp ,from late sept til the third weeks of oct ,if i remember well ,saw 154, only on my terrirtory for hunting .it has been awesome .there was 21 or 23 mooses .

there s a few area here ,on a good morning ,weather wise ,you can see over 100 .you can see 10 in 10 sec ,or 10 mins .

back in the 80 ' s went on park matane .there s many ''natural holes '' where mooses can drink '' sulphuric water '' (hope it s the right word ) so instead of waiting in the ''watch '' , i went directly in the mud hole.female arrived and she was drinking water 2 ' from me .i was standing there without moving.

back in 04 ,there was 2 females always together at my camp.one of them was nt too shy .it happened 4 x ,she was putting her head completly inside the cab of my truck .i had nt my camera at that time .just too bad .

groomer !!!

I have a video of the entire encouter. I would like to post it or a link, but have yet to figure out a way to do it. I don't have the software to edit out the unwanted parts of the vid and the entire thing it 147mb. Just too large to even send.

I ran into these two and they walked down the trail, I stopped and waved my buddy to get his camera out and go ahead of me and take some still photo's. As he was doing that, I pulled out my camera and put in movie mode, started to ride up to my friend and around him, went down the trial as the moose were walking and then four sleds came in from the other direction and the moose paniced, I will try and get the clip on the web. Just might take some time.

I have a video of the entire encouter. I would like to post it or a link, but have yet to figure out a way to do it. I don't have the software to edit out the unwanted parts of the vid and the entire thing it 147mb. Just too large to even send.

I ran into these two and they walked down the trail, I stopped and waved my buddy to get his camera out and go ahead of me and take some still photo's. As he was doing that, I pulled out my camera and put in movie mode, started to ride up to my friend and around him, went down the trial as the moose were walking and then four sleds came in from the other direction and the moose paniced, I will try and get the clip on the web. Just might take some time.

While leading a saddlebag group north of Temiskaming a few years ago I saw what I thought was a deer loping along in front of us about a half mile ahead. As I got closer it stopped and turned sideways to look back @ us and I saw a bushy tail and realized it was no deer. I signalled to the guy behind me to come up beside me and as we got closer we realized it was a very large timber wolf. It stayed on the trail till we almost caught up to it then jumped off and as we got up to where it had gotten off it was no more than ten feet away baring it's fangs and snarling at us as we went by. As soon as the last rider passed it jumped right back on the trail and kept loping along behind us. He wasn't scared of us @ all. We didn't stop for quite a few miles after & wondered out loud what would have happened if we'd been alone/broken-down on the trail @ dusk and he'd come along?

Be careful, Had this encounter just a couple weeks ago.

And the best part is that look on there face's "What are you doing on our trail"

groomer, I hope no one reads just the end of your post...... "back in 04 ,there was 2 females always together at my camp.one of them was nt too shy .it happened 4 x ,she was putting her head completly inside the cab of my truck .i had nt my camera at that time .just too bad ." :yahoo::lol:

I wish I had that problem. :wacko:

Bob

While leading a saddlebag group north of Temiskaming a few years ago I saw what I thought was a deer loping along in front of us about a half mile ahead. As I got closer it stopped and turned sideways to look back @ us and I saw a bushy tail and realized it was no deer. I signalled to the guy behind me to come up beside me and as we got closer we realized it was a very large timber wolf. It stayed on the trail till we almost caught up to it then jumped off and as we got up to where it had gotten off it was no more than ten feet away baring it's fangs and snarling at us as we went by. As soon as the last rider passed it jumped right back on the trail and kept loping along behind us. He wasn't scared of us @ all. We didn't stop for quite a few miles after & wondered out loud what would have happened if we'd been alone/broken-down on the trail @ dusk and he'd come along?

Dinner??? :diablo:

And the best part is that look on there face's "What are you doing on our trail"

groomer, I hope no one reads just the end of your post...... "back in 04 ,there was 2 females always together at my camp.one of them was nt too shy .it happened 4 x ,she was putting her head completly inside the cab of my truck .i had nt my camera at that time .just too bad ." :yahoo::lol:

I wish I had that problem. :wacko:

Bob

hi bob !!

ha !! ha !!

when i was able to see them on my territory .stopped my truck ,put both side windows down and waited .first time she put her nose on the steering wheel ,2 and 3 on the gear shifter and the fourth time , she came by the driver side and put her nose on the seat of the helper ,completly across the cab.

could hear her breathe very well .she even touched my shirt on her way out with her nose.this happened in july and august .i was so mad at myself , i bought my camera late august ,but never happened again.

if i can find the pic of those 2 females i ll post it later

groomer !!!