Haute-Mauricie ride to Windigo Relay photo-video ride report

towing

I had neglect the web in the last weeks, busy on the trails!!! Just coming back from our annual trip with a bit more than 1200 miles of smiles!

I had started a ride report of my weekend ride just before our week trip, we had been sleep at the Windigo Outfitter in Haute-Mauricie accompanied by our friend Steph but because lack of time I had not been able to put it online. Here it is!!! The path of this ride for us

carte_zpsclchd3fu.jpg

We left the Champlain sector and meet Steph in the Grand-Mère area

DSC06470_zpswsndyvbe.jpg

We took the St-Maurice river to join the Pipeline

DSC06475_zpsskwhcpez.jpg

Had some apprehension for us near the railway bridge where we had to go back two weeks before because of a suspension troubles

DSC06487_zpsvqxje4uz.jpg

Second part of the Pipeline to La Tuque was completely reroute on a forest road a little further east and connect to the LT1 trail (orange trail on the map) and returned to the regular route via LT1

DSC06488_zpsfcglwpas.jpg

We had lunch at Marineau in LaTuque

DSC06491_zpsz0p3bfi1.jpg

We then ride toward 22 miles relay on the #73 North

DSC06493_zpsgl6lzjfu.jpg

Here the bridge just outside of LaTuque

DSC06494_zpscku7mkpt.jpg

The #73 of this segment is a trail that is quite narrow and winding wooded area up to the barrage Rapides Blanc

DSC06501_zpsgf4ynsqx.jpg

Then we had some nice fast sections mixed with slowers one that bring us at Relay 22 Miles

DSC06510_zpsztcjxuzt.jpg....

We saw there this orange unusual thing

DSC06519_zpszxieqs7v.jpg

Then we chose the right gate to lead us on the #83 to the Windigo relay

DSC06511_zpsvdvjscla.jpg

A real fast highway on the #83 as well as on the local trail to get to the lodge where a nice rustic room was waiting for us

DSC06523_zpsh3topoig.jpg

In the same style of this beautiful little pourvoirie and we were warmly received and spent good time with our buddy Steph and also 2 nice chance encounters,one with a longtime friend and an other with a fellow of my neighborhood ... must go so far to meet them !!!

The next morning, by the window ... you will notice the fox that runs near the sled

DSCN2853_zpsqqmpjivt.jpg

They came to eat the leftover chicken wings from the previous day

DSC06537_zps9zbhgtyg.jpg

At start

DSC06556_zpscdhga19b.jpg

DSCN2863_zpsold0y6l3.jpg

I mounted a small video on #83 and further south! Loose a good notch on the quality when I put it on youtube, I’m on my learning curve on videos…to be watch in full screen!

http://youtu.be/_9ZVVlKXytk

It was pretty cold and my Yammy produced big large blocks of ice ...

DSC06612_zpswc8atv7s.jpg

And he signed them!!!!

DSC06611_zpsj42yeoe2.jpg

We returned to La Tuque

DSC06619_zps2yhzq1tk.jpg

Here the small icefall in the north side of the town

DSC06627_zpsimgqafci.jpg

We had lunch and refueled sleds before continuing the #73 in the Zec Jeannotte which was beautiful

DSC06652_zpsvtx6s4mk.jpg

Unfortunately, from the entrance of the zec toward Rivere a Pierre it was really rough for a second time in even attempt there this year

DSC06655_zpsmnfmx9oq.jpg

We made our way south before turning west and joining #3 trail. We separate at Cabane a Roger in St-Prosper, directing us to Champlain while Steph returned directly home in Lanaudière ... a ride of more than 650 miles for the two days for him.

DSC06681_zpsofeob9da.jpg

And in our case we end up with a more reasonable 490 miles for our weekend.

In summary a lot of snowmobile for us in recent weeks !!! every one should take the oportunity to ride now if they can…season progresses very quickly and warmer temps are just ahead… go for it!!!

beer_cheers.gif

Alain

I love that little relais on 73 at the Zec entrance, the wood stove is always nice'n warm every time I pass.

Nice ride Alain and stunning shots KrKri, you two are a real team together, you make us all envious of your adventures together as a couple.

You're one lucky man Alain

Gorgeous pics and great report....thx for sharing.

You are welcome im4snow!

Excellent report and amazing pictures! Next season I really need to do some longer trips. So far this season I've only done day trips looping back to Quebec City.

Thanks Magnus, from Quebec city it's a good destination choice for you. You will really enjoy the trail quality when you will get outside the busy area just a bit farther from cities.

Nice video and pictures. I will likely buy a go pro before next riding season.

Thanks Mxz700rider! the GoPro is a nice toy but to have something nice to playback you will likely have to do some post processing to mount something nice that is not boring to look and it take some time and alot data. I am in exploring/tessting with the videos and the vimeo version seems to me significantly better and smoother to look at

Thank you, great job.

My pleasure doonali

I love that little relais on 73 at the Zec entrance, the wood stove is always nice'n warm every time I pass.

Nice ride Alain and stunning shots KrKri, you two are a real team together, you make us all envious of your adventures together as a couple.

You're one lucky man Alain

We always make a short stop when we pass there too. Thanks for the good words Trailblazer and i'm know i'm a lucky one