Trails #93, 83 and 396

doonali

Looking for some input on the consistancy and quality of trail signage for these trails in the north..Riding with a current trail map not using a GPS...Looking for opinions from the guy's that have done it! Chibougamau,Waswanipi,Clova and Matagami..

Thank,Greg...

Looking for some input on the consistancy and quality of trail signage for these trails in the north..Riding with a current trail map not using a GPS...Looking for opinions from the guy's that have done it! Chibougamau,Waswanipi,Clova and Matagami..

Thank,Greg...

Chibougamau is no problem.

Up on the smaller trails in mt Vailn the signs are not good but everywhere else is fine IMO.

Thank,Greg...

83 West of Clova had no signs what so ever last year due to a reroute. We left lac Fallion to head to clova last year was supposed to be 100 miles ended up at 140miles my mach z made it, the Apex in our group ran out at 133, the 600 Renagade ran out 100 yards from Clova. Thanks to spare gas on sled.

Like Jackstraw said, it's all different around Clova, other than that, the trails follow the map, at least for the loop I did. It's an excellent loop, conditions are great except for sections of 83. Here's my gps track [in yellow] with the FCMQ trails from 2009 overlayed in google earth...[also, notice the reroute around Lac Edouard, that was horrible]

[

Like Jackstraw said, it's all different around Clova, other than that, the trails follow the map, at least for the loop I did. It's an excellent loop, conditions are great except for sections of 83. Here's my gps track [in yellow] with the FCMQ trails from 2009 overlayed in google earth...[also, notice the reroute around Lac Edouard, that was horrible]

[

Like your blog. May I ask how you get the trails to show up in Google Earth- in the correct colors no less? Did you buy this as a package?

Like your blog. May I ask how you get the trails to show up in Google Earth- in the correct colors no less? Did you buy this as a package?

Thanks. It's all free on the FCMQ site. You'll see the google earth download here...

FCMQ Google Earth Link

Open that file from google earth and you're all set. Importing your gps track is another chore, email me if you need help...

Edited by scorpionbowl

Thanks. It's all free on the FCMQ site. You'll see the google earth download here...

FCMQ Google Earth Link

Open that file from google earth and you're all set. Importing your gps track is another chore, email me if you need help...

Forgive my ignorance Scorpionbowl but can you actually get a trails download for your GPS ?

Gary

Yes you can. It's easiest if you have a Garmin. See this thread for starters...

Trails on a GPS

We have a TomTom (more popular over here than Garmin). Will check to see if there is a US/Canadian TomTom site with info on Trail maps. Any other info on this would be appreciated as a trail map for us would be invaluable.

Thanks

Gary

FCMQ Google Earth Link

Thanks! Actually I have successfully gotten our groups tracks into KMLs. If I run into other snags I'll know where to turn. Any body seen RWS on the boards lately. I wonder how out of date the trails are now.

We have a TomTom (more popular over here than Garmin). Will check to see if there is a US/Canadian TomTom site with info on Trail maps. Any other info on this would be appreciated as a trail map for us would be invaluable.

Thanks

Gary

Check this out

http://www.tomtom.com/support/ce/support/nav_poi.php

• 3 weeks later...

We are aware of this work. Richard has provided us with a patch and we are evaluating this. It is likely not to be included in the RC, not that we dont like it, but because we are closing down on RC and dont want to add major changes.

We are not conclusive on this one, as said we are evaluating this one atm.

Website I developed for online cash advance company.