Thetford Mines/ St Georges?

800steve

Riding in this area right now .Left Victoriaville this morning (lots of snow got about 12 inches sunday night) Most trails have been groomed once.Another groom things will be great.Took trails 35 east all the way to St Malachie. Then 545 to Saint anselme( route detour trail closed at river)Then conected to 5 and took it to Montmagny and thats where we are staying tonight.175 miles not bad for a 10am start(first trip of the season .My travel mates forgot some stuff .Also one sled ran out of gas)Lots of snow the more east we got .Groomers are doing a great job saw four of them today.Will go through Lac Etchemin,St Georges,Thetford Mines tomorrow .Report back later.

Riding in this area right now .Left Victoriaville this morning (lots of snow got about 12 inches sunday night) Most trails have been groomed once.Another groom things will be great.Took trails 35 east all the way to St Malachie. Then 545 to Saint anselme( route detour trail closed at river)Then conected to 5 and took it to Montmagny and thats where we are staying tonight.175 miles not bad for a 10am start(first trip of the season .My travel mates forgot some stuff .Also one sled ran out of gas)Lots of snow the more east we got .Groomers are doing a great job saw four of them today.Will go through Lac Etchemin,St Georges,Thetford Mines tomorrow .Report back later.

Where did you leave the trucks? We where thinking of trying that area next week but don't know of a secure place for trucks. Have never ridden South of the river except for the Gaspe starting at RDL.

Where did you leave the trucks? We where thinking of trying that area next week but don't know of a secure place for trucks. Have never ridden South of the river except for the Gaspe starting at RDL.

If you're going to Montmagny, believe the hotel you may want to stay at is the 231. It's safe, plenty of parking. Depending on your sled, there's a skidoo dealer right across the street and gas station next door. If you go beyond the town and outskirts, there's a long rail bed ro run fast, just make sure you take the fuel stop at the relais, or you're screwed !

My friend and I stayed at the Balmoral Hotel in Thetford Mines. Parking is good, room prices are reasonable. If you go there, there's a small place down the street to grab breakfast, and is where I recommend eating in the morning if you decided to go there. It's maybe a 100 ft walk, but worth it compared the breakfast the hotel serves you.

If you decide you want to go towards Trio-Rivers, can recommend the Coconut Inn/bar. Rooms good, prices reasonable. Parkingis okay, get there early. You just want to make sure you sty away from Quebec city itself, crime central.

My friend and I are trying to head to Thetford next tuesday. Anybody been up near Rimouski and the area around St. Pamphile by any chance??

Back home 2 and a half days of great riding .The rest of the trip went well.The second day we traveled Montmagamy to La guadeloupe.Trails for the most part were very good.We rode trails 551 to 559 to parc massif then 547 to 55 to Lac-Etchemin. (good place to eat lunch bar Martini)The only trail that was a little off was 55 south of Lac -Etchemin on power lines.Groomer was down passed drag on the side of trail but still was not real bad.15 miles at most.Everything around St- Georges was great .Took 75 to 25 to La Guadeloupe.Stayed at Domaine La Guadeloupe nice place ,good food for dinner,but only continental breakfast.Great bar i think this place would be great on friday sat sun nites .They have bands fri sat and country line danceing sunday nite.From what we saw wed nite was country line dance lessons the place was full ,and the woman out numbered the guys 3 to 1.This place is a timber lodge its a smaller version of the timber view lodge in tug hill.Any way the last day we traveled back to the truck by routes 25 540 65.This area had lots of snow but also had freezeing drizzle makes for pretty pictures but there are some trees over hanging the trails but not bad .465 miles in 2 and a half days . Good easy start for the muscles and back. We got back to the truck at 1 and drove home.We parked our truck at the hotel Victorin in Victoriaville.Lots of parking but not locked .Really nice area it was our first time there but it won't be the last .

Hi Snowfarmer, We were at the Domian La Guadeloupe for Saturday night. Quite the place. Stayed in one of the Chalets near the sugar house just up the road across the street. Great place, reasonable prices. We rode up from NH, stayed the night, then rode back on Sunday. Trails were great, 65 north fromt he border, up to 55, 55 east to 25, then 25 down to 380 back to 65 and back to NH. Nice for a weekend trip. Band starts at 10pm and plays til 2:30am. Bar is open until 3am.