Joliette / St-Zenon / St-Michel new snow !!! good condition 4janv10

towing

happy new years guys :D ¨

an update for you on the conditions here in Lanaudiere

We received few little shuts of snow since my last report so i was wondering how it was looking up north. I was nicely surprised to see yesterday that they had more than 2 foot of snow on the ground . Trail conditions improved according and i found again what this area had gave me years after years... let's see how it was looking...

We started from home on the #43 trail to Joliette. Trail had not been grommed last night but conditions are pretty good...

DSC06884Large.jpg

We opened the throttle on these field straigh trails and very soon, we arrivied in the St-Gabriel de Brandon area and fresly groomed #63 trail was just waiting for us...

DSC06897Large.jpg

The trail was a perfect hard road track... 10/10

DSC06900Large.jpg

DSC06901Large.jpg

We kept these wonderfull condition up to St-Gabriel. We continue in north direction on the #345 trail and as we climbed in the mountains, we saw that there was more snow...

DSC06936Large.jpg

Just after the Pourvoirie St-Damien, the trail is completed and no more road side to do. We entered in the St-Zenon trail network, an other freshly groomed trail

DSC06945Large.jpg

We switched from hard packed trail to full powder trail

DSC06947Large.jpg

What can i say ????? 12/10

DSC06951Large.jpg

I was a little deceived because the sun quit us and the clouds have took place... it was still very nice

DSC06953Large.jpg

Lumberjack activity had ended near Real Masse and no more side road to do there neither

DSC06954Large.jpg

To be continued....

The scenic was superb, here fully frosted...

DSC06964Large.jpg

And here fully snow loaded...

DSC06968Large.jpg

DSC06969Large.jpg

It was still pretty soon and we decided to go at St-Michel des Saint for the lunch, so we took the #318 trail just after the Cabanon. Again, freshly groomed trail,very good conditions...

DSC06983Large.jpg

I was wondering what wonderful pics I had took if i had a full blue sunny sky... He no, this damn snow is falling again..lol

DSC06985Large.jpg

The bigs drops near St-Michel were in pretty good condition, just few rocks and brown snow on the last one near the village.

And we took a lunch at Vieux Moulin a Scie

DSC06991Large.jpg

After the lunch we had try to took the #343 trail that go the St-Zenon village but it was not groomed and seems very ruff so we go back on the same trail down to the Cabanon... not a big sacrifice...

DSC06997Large.jpg

And took the local trail from there to go to St-Zenon village. The first part was freshly groomed...

DSC07000Large.jpg

DSC07003Large.jpg

DSC07005Large.jpg

To be continued...

But the second was not. There was alot of loose snow over the trail...

DSC07006Large.jpg

DSC07008Large.jpg

We ride up to St-Zenon village and took #343 trail south. I was a little surprised to see that it wasnot grommed there neither but easier to ride two up...

DSC07013Large.jpg

Super frosty shut here...

DSC07015Large.jpg

DSC07020Large.jpg

We then took the #63 trail south and just a little south from La Glacière we meet this wonderful machine

DSC07021Large.jpg

We than get a perfect ride, with snow flakes in bonus...

DSC07023Large.jpg

At the next crossing, we kept the #63 down domaine Bazinet. It was sunset time and it was over for the pics...

DSC07024Large.jpg

We kept on the #63 trail to the south, big drops near Ste-Émilie had been reworked and the trail is now safer there. In St-Jean de Matha, the black river near BRP dealer is safe and the trail is completed there also.

We came back home with a good 197 miles on the clock and the head full of those beautiful images we just saw there...

To conclude, as you saw the conditions are very good. There still some places where some sand is mix with the snow, the results of the slow season beginning but there alot of snow and the trail system is in shape...just waiting for us...

be ready...

I must say you do some excellent trail condition reports!!!!!!! Keep up the good work

Thank you artcat900 :drinks:

Bye

Alain

Edited by towing

I must say you do some excellent trail condition reports!!!!!!! Keep up the good work

Once again Alain you have outdone yourself, excellent post and I want you to know how much we appreciate the time you take to update us. For many of us we get only 2 or 3 weeks in paradise each winter you my friend are lucky enough to live in the center of it. I will be spending a week at LeCabanon starting the 17 of Jan. I have been spending a week there for about 20 years and even though this area and somrtimes Denis especially takes alot of bashing you and I both know this is probably the most groomed and maintained trails in all of Quebec! Thank you again for the post :good::clapping:

I have to say, I'm starting to check out this site daily just to view towing's latest ride reports. It brings back my earlier days of Quebec riding when we would stay at either Le Cabanon or La Glacier. It's funny how we have gotten so spoiled with the trail conditions in Canada that, what we would consider great conditions in say NY, would be considered so-so in Quebec. What do you guys think Alain would say about Tug Hill? :lol:

I also think it's time to plan a visit to that area again. :good:

As always great report Alain! Now I am really kicking myself for going to NY last week. Viper2 looks like I will miss you by a week, we are heading to Le Cabanon on the 24th. I would of liked to meet you.

Once again Alain you have outdone yourself, excellent post and I want you to know how much we appreciate the time you take to update us. For many of us we get only 2 or 3 weeks in paradise each winter you my friend are lucky enough to live in the center of it. I will be spending a week at LeCabanon starting the 17 of Jan. I have been spending a week there for about 20 years and even though this area and somrtimes Denis especially takes alot of bashing you and I both know this is probably the most groomed and maintained trails in all of Quebec! Thank you again for the post :good::clapping:

Thanks viper2 :drinks:

17 january, it coming soon !!! you will have great time there for sure. Yes, i have the chance to be just near this paradise and i know my luck... but you see I share a little bit, with pics :D The grooming team and all snowmobile clubs out there work hard to make us the trails we have now, especially this season that started slowly and they have to do miracles with the little snow they have at start but they stand and did it... It is what i like the most from these people. I sometimes start my season as early as november and had sometimes did my last call in late april !!! The Cabanon is always open and offer all services until the real end and I respect them alot for that.

Alain

I have to say, I'm starting to check out this site daily just to view towing's latest ride reports. It brings back my earlier days of Quebec riding when we would stay at either Le Cabanon or La Glacier. It's funny how we have gotten so spoiled with the trail conditions in Canada that, what we would consider great conditions in say NY, would be considered so-so in Quebec. What do you guys think Alain would say about Tug Hill? :lol:

I also think it's time to plan a visit to that area again. :good:

:D Glad to read that Greasemonkey, you start to be addict :rofl:

I ear alot from Tug Hill, you will need to post some pics from there to show me... Maybe i will go there one day , but i'm not sure the wife will appreciate in back seat... trying to take some pics... maybe i would get just fuzzy pics :rofl:

Thanks to all of you guys :drinks:

Alain

Hey Towing, did you get to ride this weekend? I am anxious to hear a trail report from Lanaudiere. Have you heard anything about the trails north toward Kanawata and Casey? Are there any major trail reroutes this year? :drinks:

Hey Towing, did you get to ride this weekend? I am anxious to hear a trail report from Lanaudiere. Have you heard anything about the trails north toward Kanawata and Casey? Are there any major trail reroutes this year? :drinks:

Same here. Might be planning a long weekend at La Glacier before the end of the month. Just talked to a group that just came back from the area and they said it wasn't any good. I told everybody that I've been following your posts and that it looks good up there. Keep us informed as this might be my only trip this year up there. I might have to cut the season short due to reasons beyond my control. :sad:

Hi guys

I just post my report from last saturday here: http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1200

Conditions were very similar from my last report from last monday ( just five day later) where they were just got a good shot of snow.

Greasemonkey, do you know exactly when the group you talk to went here ??? conditions improved alot between the last days of december and the 4 january. In fact, about a foot more snow between the 26 dec and the 4 january.

From what i have seen, it's more the traffic that downgrade the trail condition but they now have enought snow to groom near each day and since the christmas holiday is finished for everybody, the traffic over the week will be less and the trails will have the chance to recover better than what it was during holidays. I have to admit that there was alot of sleds on the trails on saturday (9 january) but the people from the group that stayed at the Cabanon and quit sunday morning to Outaouais said the grooming was done fine and they got very good trails to get back on the west side

I will try to get some information about trails more on the north side but it's propably the way to go if you want better conditions since the traffic flow usually stay near St-Zenon and St-Michel.

I would not be too worried if you just come at the end of the month unless we get catastrophics weather it should be very good.

here is the lanaudiere trail report..http://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/index.jsp?numPage=235

stay tuned...

Alain

Hi guys

I just post my report from last saturday here: http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1200

Conditions were very similar from my last report from last monday ( just five day later) where they were just got a good shot of snow.

Greasemonkey, do you know exactly when the group you talk to went here ??? conditions improved alot between the last days of december and the 4 january. In fact, about a foot more snow between the 26 dec and the 4 january.

From what i have seen, it's more the traffic that downgrade the trail condition but they now have enought snow to groom near each day and since the christmas holiday is finished for everybody, the traffic over the week will be less and the trails will have the chance to recover better than what it was during holidays. I have to admit that there was alot of sleds on the trails on saturday (9 january) but the people from the group that stayed at the Cabanon and quit sunday morning to Outaouais said the grooming was done fine and they got very good trails to get back on the west side

I will try to get some information about trails more on the north side but it's propably the way to go if you want better conditions since the traffic flow usually stay near St-Zenon and St-Michel.

I would not be too worried if you just come at the end of the month unless we get catastrophics weather it should be very good.

here is the lanaudiere trail report..http://www.snowmobilecountry.ca/en/index.jsp?numPage=235

stay tuned...

Alain

Thanks Alain :drinks: