Four Days in the Gaspesie

smclelan

Myself, MACDAV, and another fellow went for a little twist in the Gaspe. We had a four day run and put on just under 700 miles. That may not sound like much but we ran into a true Gaspesie snow storm.

We left from Pointe a la Croix Thursday morning traveling up through the Matepdia Valley, trail were A1 as usual. We stopped long enough to have a beer with the Grooming Embassador of the Gaspe. We stopped the first night in Sainte Annes Des Monts.

Lots of snow in front of the Bus

post-5-1263227600_thumb.jpg

The next day we struck off Eastward, there was a little snow in the air, trails were perfect.

post-5-1263227580_thumb.jpg

It did not take long to see it had snowed in the night and with elevation the depth of snow increased.

post-5-1263227619_thumb.jpg

post-5-1263227635_thumb.jpg

By the time we started coming down out of the hills into La Martre we had hit sections breaking trail all the way, with more than 40 inches of fresh powder.

post-5-1263227648_thumb.jpg

post-5-1263227659_thumb.jpg

At the lookout at Mont Saint Pierre there was an easy 36 inches of fresh, we were still the first sleds through. All that powder is hard to manuover

in some times. LOL

post-5-1263228817_thumb.jpg

post-5-1263227675_thumb.jpg

We drove over as far as Murdochville and back to MSP for the night. Trails from MSP to Murdochville were groomed to perfection.

A couple pictures coming back through the powder. We were almost all the way back through before we met any other sleds, no one

had been through since we were the day before.

post-5-1263227743_thumb.jpg

post-5-1263227754_thumb.jpg

That night we stayed in Matane at the Quality Inn where we had a couple of beers. and maybe a laugh or two.

post-5-1263227768_thumb.jpg

We stopped at the warming shack at the edge of Groomers area, 25 miles from the truck. Trails through the Matepedia still perfect.

I would recommmend to anyone to explore some of the back local trail in that area, some very nice scenery.

post-5-1263227780_thumb.jpg

It looks like there was tons of snow. What sections of the Gaspe' are not open or not worth riding?

I'll be there Jan 25 through Jan 28 and I'm trying to get all the information possible. The trail conditions web sites don't really tell the whole story.

Any little bit of information would help.

-Doo D

great pics steven we also had fun in that powder trail 579 to 587 was crazy it looked like bc at times i will put pics up later

sorry missed ya groomer we got to amqui late and left early

hi coldsmoke !!

no problems !!

-12c and windy here !!

groomer !!! :drinks:

It looks like there was tons of snow. What sections of the Gaspe' are not open or not worth riding?

I'll be there Jan 25 through Jan 28 and I'm trying to get all the information possible. The trail conditions web sites don't really tell the whole story.

Any little bit of information would help.

-Doo D

Gaspesie Trail Conditions

This is a good site to check conditions and usually quite accurate, click on Trail Conditions. I would say by the time you start your trip I suspect all the trails will be open.

A lot will change there in 2 weeks. I will help more if you have more specific questions.

Edited by smclelan

Gaspesie Trail Conditions

This is a good site to check conditions and usually quite accurate, click on Trail Conditions. I would say by the time you start your trip I suspect all the trails will be open.

A lot will change there in 2 weeks. I will help more if you have more specific questions.

Thanks for your help. It's very much appreciated.

Doo D