73 Sud from La Tuque

actionjack

Stuck here at Motel DES 9 in La Tuque. Cannot get back the way we came - 355 -. Does anyone know if we can make it south to try to get to Shawinigan via 73? Any major water crossings that are not on bridges? We'll have to rent a car to go get our rigs if we cannot get there. That or extend our stay in La Tuque a couple weeks.

Thanks

Jack (dry now)

not sure on that I think you are in trouble for sure

the bus should run twice a day from somewhere there in la tuqe I know is not Ideal but can get you to the rigs

where you need to go for the trucks? don't need to be specific just a genearal idea would help.

Most trails are closed

Waiting for standing water to subside and Temps to fall

Warm still today and needs to re-freeze

Calling for 2-4 cm of snow thurs every bit is needed andd much more

WE DON"T WANT TO TEAR UP THE BASE NOW AT THIS POINT IN THE SEASON

Hi actionjack

Your trip turn out in an adventure :wacko:

As Groomer said, Geo that report trail conditions on CMIQ forum said that the club decide to close the trails yesterday but the web site of Latuque trail condition still said open/not recommended: http://www.motoneigelatuque.com/

The #73 itself in the jeannote ZEC propably won't be a problem but coming back by#353 and #318 to shawinigan worry me alot. The other problem you will encounter is ice and hard frozen trails...If you are equipped with scratchers it won't be an issue but if you're not..

I don't know if it can be an option but at the point you are, if you are equiped to ride icy trails maybe you can continue on #73 north to relai 22 miles. They report themself on passionyamaha forum yesterday theses conditions (I translate):

Hi!

Here the conditions for the three trails at Relais 22 milles crossing

Relais 22 - La Tuque justaverage around 3 sur 10

Relais 22 - Lac-St-Jean excellent disons 8 sur 10

Relais 22 - Wemontaci excellent around 8 sur 10 either

http://www.relais22milles.com/

From there, you should would have two options to continu... Maybe phone them to know more 819 523-6222

I hope you the best for the next of your trip...

:drinks:

Alain

Thank you for your responses. We were concerned so we rode down to 73/355 intersection. Amazingly no problem. On the way we met a group of Quebios who came from Roberval and reported good conditions from LSJ. They told us of a Relais on the way and we hadn't ridden really at all today so we road 73/355 N toward Lac Eduoard. 73 for that short stretch 9.5/10, 355 N up to Relais du Trapper 7.5/10. 355 winds a good bit some some stutters are developing but it's not bad. 73 was a blast. We had an adventurous time at the Relais and met a group of 10 from Ny who rode up from Roquemont. They reported very little issues besides operator error. So we discovered we can get up to LSJ and back down at least to St Ray. The trip is back on and we are psyched to ride up to and past the Relais tomorrow. We made some new friends, Canadian and American, had a good meal and had a shockingly good ride. It was colder today and a little snow fell off and on and we had very little cooling issues. Plus a few of the water holes we saw were lockes up a little. In La Tuque some trails around town need snow bad. One section just before the Tourism info center is rocks and dirt but it is a short section. Our cooling issues were only right in town. We thoroughly enjoyed the company and hospitality of the family that runs the Relais du Trapper an we would go out of our way to visit them again in the future. I think well have breakfast there tomorrow on the way up to Alma.