2011 yams

grumpysanta

Totally agree for a more money for the passes. Got no problem paying if I am shown a schedule for grooming and they do it regularly. I know its a dream but hey its 2011 all things are possible right?Rain sucks 40F and rain in shawinigan lovely

Back to the topic here. I ride an 08 apex and i am no back pack rider wondering what happened. 2 strokes have a limited life span period. ticking time bombs for the most part. I agree with sudbury everyone should ride what works for them and what level of reliability they expect from their machines.

That said i've done alot more towing with my apex of others. Never been stranded in 3 full seasons and 25 k plus kilometers.

Yamaha for me. You get what you pay for. Want to play? Need to pay.

Edited by iceman

Totally agree for a more money for the passes. Got no problem paying if I am shown a schedule for grooming and they do it regularly. I know its a dream but hey its 2011 all things are possible right?Rain sucks 40F and rain in shawinigan lovely

Back to the topic here. I ride an 08 apex and i am no back pack rider wondering what happened. 2 strokes have a limited life span period. ticking time bombs for the most part. I agree with sudbury everyone should ride what works for them and what level of reliability they expect from their machines.

That said i've done alot more towing with my apex of others. Never been stranded in 3 full seasons and 25 k plus kilometers.

Yamaha for me. You get what you pay for. Want to play? Need to pay.

No matter what you choose to ride you have to pay to play this sport aint cheep!

Thanks for the comments and I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that perhaps the trail passes are probably not costed with enough to cover proper grooming.

As far as the Z1 Turbo I think your friends were proabably racing a Z1 and not the Turbo. Here is a link to some intertesting information on the December 2010 (last month) American Snowmobiler and Dynotech Shootout. They tested stock sleds and modified. Looks like on the 600 and 800 class the results were all about equal. But take a look at the Artic Cat Z1 Turbo and I think you will be surprised on what you read.

Here is a quote and link:

"In a class by itself, in more ways than one, was the Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo. The ultimate Cat was the fastest overall stock sled with an elapsed ¼-mile time of 11.727 seconds at a speed of 101.34 mph. As far as we're concerned, this run again proves Cat's claim that is has the fastest production snowmobile."

http://www.hsperformance.no/scooterforum/amsnow/10040-amsnow-s-new-york-shootout-results.html

As I have stated before, it works well for me and judging from what I read the Yami's work well for many many people. I see them all over the place in Quebec along of course with Doo. Theone brand which we used to not see much of is Polaris but the last couple of years I think they have been increasing in popularity in Quebec. I heard the new machines are nice.

It is a great sport we have and the way this topic has been handled we have some great posters that can dicuss topics without totally ripping into each other.

Lets hope for cold and snow. I rather be riding.

Sudbury Sledder.

Thanks for the comments and I am glad I am not the only one that thinks that perhaps the trail passes are probably not costed with enough to cover proper grooming.

As far as the Z1 Turbo I think your friends were proabably racing a Z1 and not the Turbo. Here is a link to some intertesting information on the December 2010 (last month) American Snowmobiler and Dynotech Shootout. They tested stock sleds and modified. Looks like on the 600 and 800 class the results were all about equal. But take a look at the Artic Cat Z1 Turbo and I think you will be surprised on what you read.

Here is a quote and link:

"In a class by itself, in more ways than one, was the Arctic Cat Z1 Turbo. The ultimate Cat was the fastest overall stock sled with an elapsed ¼-mile time of 11.727 seconds at a speed of 101.34 mph. As far as we're concerned, this run again proves Cat's claim that is has the fastest production snowmobile."

http://www.hsperformance.no/scooterforum/amsnow/10040-amsnow-s-new-york-shootout-results.html

As I have stated before, it works well for me and judging from what I read the Yami's work well for many many people. I see them all over the place in Quebec along of course with Doo. Theone brand which we used to not see much of is Polaris but the last couple of years I think they have been increasing in popularity in Quebec. I heard the new machines are nice.

It is a great sport we have and the way this topic has been handled we have some great posters that can dicuss topics without totally ripping into each other.

Lets hope for cold and snow. I rather be riding.

Sudbury Sledder.

Cat may claim the fastest production sled at the moment, but I DOO beleive that will be shortlived. I beleive that will change possibly midseason or 2012! :good:

I would like to see DOO supercharge or turbo their 4 stroke. I hear great things about that engine.

X2 on the Doo. A 500lb turbo 1200 would be crazy! As long as they can keep the vibration down with that 2 lunger.