Quebec Trail Passes

Saguenay Bill

NOTICE: I will not be able to take any further orders for trail passes as I am heading for Paradise next week. If anyone would like them I will have them for sale at the HI. Thanks to those who have supported us.

Bill

I have received Quebec Trail Passes and they are for sale either by using PayPal link or by mailing me a check. 100% of the money I receive goes to the club. The clubs need every dollar they can get in order to maintain the trails that we all love. I will be posting some facts shortly regarding cost, equipment replacement and other info on trail grooming by the clubs in the Saguenay region. As some of you are aware the Caribou-Conscrits club grooms about 6 months out of the year which is about twice what a lot of other clubs do. So for those who like riding in "Paradise" please show your support by buying your pass from them. I need the following info to register your sled:

Your name, address, phone number, email address (new requet this year), make, model,year, vin number and registration number. By that I mean the number on the sticker that you have applied to your sled. Example: if you live in PA but register your sled in NY and that NY sticker is on your sled, that is the number I need.

Trail pass prices are:

Seasonal pass purchased Dec 09 2007 or after $250 US or 250 CA*

7 day weekly $150 US or $150 CA*

* Prices are subject to change as value of US dollar vs Canadian changes.

Thank you for your support. See you at the Holiday Inn.

Bill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question? not that it actually really matters, but for general info, if we pay by pay pal, are the funds taken out in canadian or us dollars, reason I ask is because I am pretty sure that I get charged 1% for a foriegn transaction fee which will mean in reality it costs 1% more

question? not that it actually really matters, but for general info, if we pay by pay pal, are the funds taken out in canadian or us dollars, reason I ask is because I am pretty sure that I get charged 1% for a foriegn transaction fee which will mean in reality it costs 1% more

it is in US funds. :good:

and Bill (and the club) is absorbing the Paypal fees, so it really is a good way to pay.

Bill,

Does the $25 dollar savings come out of what the clubs get, or the National Org. If it does, buying early only hurts the clubs and Us?

Thanks

Gutz

The $25.00 after the 9 Dec goes 90% to the Federation. So what a bummer. We would like a piece of the action to Groom. That new money is not going to the right place. What do you guyes think????.

I'm going to try and buy my passes before the 9th, and donate 25.00 to the grooming fund. Or buy my passes later and donate 25.00 to the grooming fund. The cost in comparison to everything else is so small.

Later

Gutz

The $25.00 after the 9 Dec goes 90% to the Federation. So what a bummer. We would like a piece of the action to Groom. That new money is not going to the right place. What do you guyes think????.

I have to disagree with you on this Bernard. Being closely involved with the executive committee of Nova Scotia's provincial snowmobile association, is it possible you may not know the whole story?

1.) Are you 100% sure the whole $25 dollars goes to the Federation or is this a rumor?

2.) If it is true, then that decision would have had to be made by the Board of Directors representing all clubs in the province. This would have been voted on and the majority would rule.

I can assure you no provincial or state snowmobile body wants to have to increase the price of their trail pass. They know as well as anyone the cost of operating clubs, groomers, and/or an individual snowmobile. Believe me these provincial snowmobile bodies hear all the complaints about the cost of organized snowmobiling.

I have to disagree with you on this Bernard. Being closely involved with the executive committee of Nova Scotia's provincial snowmobile association, is it possible you may not know the whole story?

1.) Are you 100% sure the whole $25 dollars goes to the Federation or is this a rumor?

2.) If it is true, then that decision would have had to be made by the Board of Directors representing all clubs in the province. This would have been voted on and the majority would rule.

I can assure you no provincial or state snowmobile body wants to have to increase the price of their trail pass. They know as well as anyone the cost of operating clubs, groomers, and/or an individual snowmobile. Believe me these provincial snowmobile bodies hear all the complaints about the cost of organized snowmobiling.

I am shure but i said 90% to insurance

and Federation. Bottom line.

• 3 weeks later...

Bill, Thanks for your Ambassadorship and support of Quebec clubs in the Saguenay region.

It's great to support clubs where you ride and the clubs that maintain the trails the lead to where we like to ride.

For 20+ years I have enjoyed riding throughout the belle province. I have belonged to clubs across quebec. For the last several years I have been a member of the snowmobile club of Lac St Jean East (UDM Lac St Jean Est). This is a smaller but very important club that maintains trail 23 from L'Etape to Herbertville/Alma/Larouche/Jonquiere. If you like myself, enjoy riding from the Quebec City/St Raymond area to Saguenay, the health of this club is of critical great importance to each of us. Consider joining UDM Lac St Jean this season (This is also the club of the famous Belle de Neiges)

With the distance involved in getting all the way to Les Monts Valin area, I often find myself departing from the Quebec area and enjoying the saguenay region and it's many routes. If you have, you know what I mean. If you have not, you should as it is another part of the paradise. Branch out and have a blast.

I currently have a limited number of memberships available, which is my way of helping the club. They do all the important work, I help by selling a few memberships for them. E-mail me if you wish to support this critical link club.

"UDM Lac St Jean Est" Memberships are the same price as previously posted $250 with the same discounted price $225 for purchases prior to Dec 9

Due to the value of the US dollar I have had to raise the price of the Trail Passes. I have changed the amounts in post #1.

I guess it paid off to get my passes early this season, thanks again Bill.

The money saved will get me 8 gal of gas. :yahoo:

Bill, Just letting you Know I got my passes, shirt and stickers today.All I need now is some SNOW!! Thanks again, cant wait to buy you a cold Molson!! Jim :drinks:

Thank you, Jim, for letting me know you got everything. I was in the woods yesterday repairing bridges and we had snow in the air. Hope is won't be long before we have more.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Don

Thanks for letting me know you got them OK. Not bad for USPS. Mailed Sat and you received Monday Pretty darn good job by them.

Got mine as well Bill! Enjoy your time with the family before you head to "paradise"!

• 2 weeks later...
Bill,

I'd like to donate the differance of the early pass and regular price to one of the other clubs in the HI area, can you suggest one?

Thanks

Don

Don

Either the Caribou-Conscrits or the Saguenay Club. Saguenay club is the one in the Jonquiere/Chicoutimi area. Very nice of you.

Bill