Mirrors while riding in Quebec?

MichiganRev

Heard some talk last year of guys getting tickets for not having mirrors on their sleds at some checkpoints. They said hand or wrist held mirrors were not enough, the mirrors had to be fixed to the sled. Anybody have any experience or input on this? Thanks! Dave.

Heard some talk last year of guys getting tickets for not having mirrors on their sleds at some checkpoints. They said hand or wrist held mirrors were not enough, the mirrors had to be fixed to the sled. Anybody have any experience or input on this? Thanks! Dave.

I am not sure how many tickets are really handed out for this but it is the law that you need a fixed mirror on the left side of the sled.

I tell you once you ride with them you will not go back. It's nice to see whos behind you without turning around all the time... I usually lead my group and they are invaluable at seeing if they are still there.

You can buy the mirrors for the mobile windshield rev for about $25. I would think the fixed shield versions are similar....

they are required but I don't have them, had them on my 03 Legend but I really never could see that well out of them and don't like how they look. I use a hand mirror which doesn't meet the rule. I actually ordered Powermadd handguards with the mirrors for this winter although on saddlebag trips I'll probably go back to the summit shield and no mirrors.

After you pull over to check your pants :rofl: once someone with a now extinct mach blows your doors off, and scares the shit out of you, you will believe in mirrors :lol:

last march I was stopped at a club checkpoint, one person in our group had no mirror and was told he should install one before he gets a ticket. Three days later we were stopped by provincial police on sleds,they were checking vin numbers and made no mention of mirrors. :unknw:

I tried the powermadd mirrors on the handguards- I ended up sending them back as after 1 ride one of the mirrors fell off and they were basically useless. I've always ridden with a mirror on my glove, never had a problem at checkpoints. I believe the law says you must have 1 fixed mirror on the left side of the sled. What most people do is just get a small "Blind spot" mirror and stick it on the cab. Depending on where you locate it they can actually work quite well.

Also I have noticed that when you get stopped at a checkpoint, take off your helmet and have a chat with the officers. So many times I see people getting stopped and getting all mad because they are losing 5 minutes of riding time. These people are just doing their job and unless you are being stopped by a Police Officer, the people stopping you are volunteers. That's right they aren't getting paid, so a nice thank you you are doing a good job can make all the difference. Actually I've had a couple of good laughs with patrollers. They always have stories about outlaw sledders that try and ride without passes, and then endings can be pretty funny.

they are required but I don't have them, had them on my 03 Legend but I really never could see that well out of them and don't like how they look. I use a hand mirror which doesn't meet the rule. I actually ordered Powermadd handguards with the mirrors for this winter although on saddlebag trips I'll probably go back to the summit shield and no mirrors.

They doo not always inforce the law on the mirrors. But knowing it's the law, you will not get Paranoid everytime you come to a check point if you have them.

Right Legend? No pun intended...

They doo not always inforce the law on the mirrors. But knowing it's the law, you will not get Paranoid everytime you come to a check point if you have them.

Right Legend? No pun intended...

Legend certainly didn't wait around for the rest of us at the checkpoint that day :nea: