Gaspe Trip

IndyAl

We are planning a trip for March 12th an would like to spend 3 days on the trails in Gaspe. I have been there several time previous but this year it looks like snow cover may be an issue. Can anyone comment on conditions or make recommendations where to go or stay clear of?

Thanks in advance.

Alan

We are leaving from RDL on the 8th and will be back on the 12th. If you want to call me or something I'll tell you what we ran on. Don't know if they have public computers at RDL but if so I'll post on Friday. We are not supposed to be back to RDL till around 5 so I don't know if this helps but the offer is there!!!

We are leaving from RDL on the 8th and will be back on the 12th. If you want to call me or something I'll tell you what we ran on. Don't know if they have public computers at RDL but if so I'll post on Friday. We are not supposed to be back to RDL till around 5 so I don't know if this helps but the offer is there!!!

That would be very much appreciated. Not sure where RDL is, we will likely leave from Point au la Croix. If you want to forward me your cell I will give you a call on the 12th. my email is aburgher@msn.com

Thanks

Alan

That would be very much appreciated. Not sure where RDL is, we will likely leave from Point au la Croix. If you want to forward me your cell I will give you a call on the 12th. my email is aburgher@msn.com

Thanks

Alan

RDL=Riviere Du Loup

• 2 weeks later...

Just home from a 4 day trip to Gaspe. Conditions were excellent to terrible depending on where we were. The No. 5 from Matane and east was excellent. Getting into towns for gas and accomodations was scratchy and Matane was mostly bare ground last evening. Despite what some locals told us we ran out of snow trying to get into La Cache on the 595. Thank heavens for the nice lady that sold us gas and an incredible home cooked meal at the logging camp just outside of La Cache.

Temps were very warm up to 10 deg C and the snow cover is deminishing fast. The locals were telling us this was a very odd winter for the Gaspe region. We still enjoyed over 800 Kms of aswome riding. Thanks to Groomer for arranging our passess and meeting with us in Albertville for a short chat. I will post some pictures in a day or two.

Alan

Edited by IndyAl