Exome Radiant Helmet feedback

chrisv

I made a post asking about feed back on the new Exome helemet before i bought one and didn't really get much feedback on the helmet. Well i did buy one and used it on my Gaspe loop. We encountered cold, warm, snow, and rain on the trip. Here is my feedback on the helmet. Note that I chose to wear the helmet without plugging it in.

The very cold day (-25C windchill) that we had, a quarter of the visor did fog up.

The warm and little rain we got, the visor did not freeze up but it was still a bit foggy.

The warm day (-5C), condensation built up between the 2 lenses and had a light coating of fog on it.

Everytime I wore the helmet, condensation built up and froze solid ice on the release mechanism to lift the face of the helmet making it very hard to open the helmet. I feared that the release cable would break.

Nothing about the helmet impressed me.

Despite being warned that I wouldn't get refunded if I wasnt satisfied with the helmet, Eastern Powersport in Cornwall gave me a full refund.  Satisfaction guaranteed for the customer was more important. The purchase was only 1 week before using it

7 hours ago, Signfan said:

That sucks to hear man.  Great dealer to do that.  Personally am an Oxygen lover.  I ride with a cord all the time though.  Best of luck finding something else.  Maybe the CKX Mission if you dont want a cord.  Hope you still had a great trip.

Yes the dealer was great. Im sticking with my bv2s. I have never had any issues with the bv2s in the 10 years i have had it. I was only looking at a new helmet because this one is 10 years old. Im just trying to stay away from something that needs to be plugged in. To many things could happen. 

That's fair.  I cam tell you with the Oxygen you can crack the shield and it will stay clear unplugged.  With the shield design this doesn't create a terrible draft that freezes your face off.   Just enough to keep it clean (in a pinch).  Would I buy it with plans to never run plugged in.  Definitely not.  But I don't foresee a scenario where I struggle to get home due to a power issue.