Resivoir Goulin

artcat900

I'll be leaving in two weeks with a group of snowmobile buddys doing an atv trip up that way, our destination is Le Barrage Gouin about 90klms north of Parent, i believe it is one of the stops on that trail loop. I'll keep an eye out for the landscape (fire damage) and repost when i get back.

Salute

JG

Trailblazer

Great news! Please let us know if you are able to get any tracks, and/or any info on what outfitters would be open up there this winter. If I understand correctly, you will be going to the outfitter that is right by the dam??

have a good trip.

Timbo

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rode some of it last winter when we arrived at the Tamarac early. Dumped our bags and took off, stopped at Martin for a soda stepped back out onto the porch to leave after a half hour or so (great people by the way) and when my right foot hit their top step I flew up in the air and landed on the bottom step with my ribs and back taking the hit! Thought I was gonna need a new kidney! Laid there a few minute's staring up at the sky as my buddy and the owner stared down at me in amazement!! Anyway, drug myself onto the sled and put on another 75 miles or so then headed back to Tamarac. I think it will be a great little loop and if I recall you will be taking a different route on 83 coming toward Clova from Sennetere etc also.

Rode some of it last winter when we arrived at the Tamarac early. Dumped our bags and took off, stopped at Martin for a soda stepped back out onto the porch to leave after a half hour or so (great people by the way) and when my right foot hit their top step I flew up in the air and landed on the bottom step with my ribs and back taking the hit! Thought I was gonna need a new kidney! Laid there a few minute's staring up at the sky as my buddy and the owner stared down at me in amazement!! Anyway, drug myself onto the sled and put on another 75 miles or so then headed back to Tamarac. I think it will be a great little loop and if I recall you will be taking a different route on 83 coming toward Clova from Sennetere etc also.

You stopped at "Martin"??? you speaking of "Martin" at Tamerac, Or "Martin" at Monet??

timbo

Trailblazer

Great news! Please let us know if you are able to get any tracks, and/or any info on what outfitters would be open up there this winter. If I understand correctly, you will be going to the outfitter that is right by the dam??

have a good trip.

Timbo

You got it right, right on the dam, i tried to get up there back 2003 but for mechanical reasons we made it only to Parent, i'll be taking pics of coarse but can't make any promises for uploading to website, never did it before so i don't know where they'll might end up,lol. Will do my best.

JG

You got it right, right on the dam, i tried to get up there back 2003 but for mechanical reasons we made it only to Parent, i'll be taking pics of coarse but can't make any promises for uploading to website, never did it before so i don't know where they'll might end up,lol. Will do my best.

JG

Thanks Trailblazer. We'll be eagerly looking forward to your report!!

timbo

Thanks Trailblazer. We'll be eagerly looking forward to your report!!

timbo

Im sorry to say guys the report will have to wait, my american snowmobile buddys that were to do this trip with me had some last minute work related issues that needed to be taken care of.

I found the 2011 Mauricie map on line. It shows the Goulin trail in red.

Goulin.jpg

Goulin2.jpg

My-Tee-Fine!!

Thanks GT! Looks like we'll have a new ride this winter.

I was at the Big East Show yesterday and have a 2011 Maurice trail map in my goodies bag........hadn't had a chance to look at it yet. I'll check it out and also see what contact info is in there for the outfitter on the dam.

timbo

• 4 weeks later...

Can you send me this track as well?

hi arubenstein !!

sorry about that!!looks like i was in the ''moon '' or i was at my camp when you posted.first time i see your post!!

just checked, still have the email from the guy.if you still want it ,send me an e mail adress by pm

groomer !!!

Winter comes early to the Gouin, eh Jean-Guy?

regards

timbo

hi timbo !!

ya !!! just checked a few pics from last year around nov 11th,ground was frosted here ,but only with a few flerries.

2 mornings in a row with frost ,around -3c.we still need to be patient a bit !!

jean-guy

• 1 month later...

Sweet!! Have to see if Andyman could be interested in a treck there this winter???

timbo

hi timbo !!

sure !! looks like i live on the wrong side of the province right now .rained like hell yesterday and +11c :o :o this morning !!

groomer !!!

Sweet!! Have to see if Andyman could be interested in a treck there this winter???

timbo

Hi Timbo and Groomer

I have to say it looks a lot better than outside my door or the snow cover map for NB and Riviere du Loup and east in QC. It is 11C or 51F here right now and no real change in sight. Keep your fingers crossed that things turn around soon.

Andy

Hi Timbo and Groomer

I have to say it looks a lot better than outside my door or the snow cover map for NB and Riviere du Loup and east in QC. It is 11C or 51F here right now and no real change in sight. Keep your fingers crossed that things turn around soon.

Andy

hi andy !!

last year,dec 14 th,first run on tq 5. :(

jean-guy